Boys & Girls I'm heartbroken!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Sunburn, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    I lost a DANDY today. Yeah I know, it's always a big one when they get away. But I think this one really was a nice fish. I was fishing a stump field at Salt Fork when I got a big bite. Just took the bait and was leaving! I set the hook and so help me goodness that fish was towing my boat (17ft. Tracker TX W/50 Merc.) around in a circle. I had him on for about 7 minutes till he took me under one of those stumps and the line became foulded. I ended up having to cut it. I'd sure loved to have boated that old cotton picker. Not sure if it was a "Good ol Big Un" or a "Big ol Good Un". I'm in tears and need a shoulder to cry on! ha ha ha. I'll get his whiskered behind before the summer is over!

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Sunburn I know what you mean I lost a pretty good one this past Sat night also. I was stupid and didn't pick the rod tip up when he went under the boat and the line got caught in my prop and then it went pop.:embarassed: I though at first i still had him but i had all engine. He also was a brut. Just by the way he was fighting i would say 30-40lber but that's fishing. Good luck in the future.

3. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Sunburn, that sucks man. I also lost a pretty nice fish this weekend at Charles Mills, it wasnt HUGE...but I bet he went 10-12lbs. But anyways it always sucks when the "big ones" get away. :embarassed:

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sorry to hear a lost a good un. But it just gives ya another excuse to get back out there and find him.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Oh man Phil .... I know how heart breaking that can be ..... Since I haven't caught anything over 10# this year I would be crying my eyes out ... Garry- :embarassed:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    maybe next time..........

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That hurts, I lost a big one last year that I still cry about.

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    I feel your pain PHIL. had that happen 4 times last year.

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    it takes a long time to forget lost battles.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    blah blah blah,hech i can't even get a hook in a big one so far this year,lol

i bet you'll get ahold of him again,after that,you'll be fencing that area off, :wink:

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WELL IF THERE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS YOU DID NOT GET TO SEE IT SO IT CAN BE HOWEVER BIG YOU WANT IT TO BE:wink:

GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME

12. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Sounds like ya need to get out there and hook him again! :big_smile:

13. Vukhufu

Vukhufu New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Who cares who believes you! My best fishing experiences will ALWAYS BE the one that got away!~

Sounds about 1 metric fuckton more fun than no action! I LOVE tackle mangling line twistin and snappin runners that rip your arms off like a billy goat pullin on my bag o weed!

Sounds like you got a good memory loaded! Grats!

14. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    We need a bigger boat!!!

:wink:

15. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    When they go into stumps or snags put your bait clicker on and sit the pole down and they SOME TIMES swim out.

Sorry to hear you lost a big one.

16. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I know the feeling. I had several tie up on logs in the GMR last year. none pulled me head over heels down a steep bank just as fellow brother Silvermark was walking up. He saw my feet first and darned if he didn't take off under the bridge into all the crap around the base of the bridge. I usually opened the bail and waited up to half an hour checking occaisionally to see if they had pulled themselves loose. I think I got one 10-12 pounder in that way.