Boys' Found

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Dec 20, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    two Amish boys both 12 took off from thier Amish school on an adventure they won't forget. One had been reading the stories of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.So they too took off to find the Mississippi River and to do like Huck and Tom. ,but they got lost on the way .Said they slept in a barn last night ,ate a sandwhich that they had with them.people were out looking for them but couldn't find them.Said they waved tothe chopper over head but kept on walking. They were found about 15 miles South /West of where they had started. Police said they was in good spirit,unhurt just a little wet.Lady that found them took them to the police station in Bowling Green ,Mo.They gave them cookies and milk ,then sent them home with thier Parents. Al least it will be a Very happy Christmas for two Amish Families.
    When found they were about 15 miles from the river ,but going the wrong way.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whoa!! Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn is pretty progressive reading for Amish school kids! LOL! Glad they're OK. Hadn't heard about that one.

3. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I heard on the news tonight that a historical society or museum in Hannibal is offering the kids and their parents a free trip to the area to complete the adventure they started. No doubt it was a terrible time for the families but got to hand it to the boys for having the spirit to undertake an adventure like that.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    I'm sure glad to learn they got home safe.
    too dang many bad endings have came to kids in the news lately.
    i think it made for a great story and and was refreshing to think there is some innocence left amidst us.

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I keep thinkin of how tired those 2 little boys' guardian angels must be ... I think they've got their hands full :wink:

Very cool that they'll get to complete their adventure! Even more cool that they are back home safe and sound!

Great story :lol:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Pike county Sheriff Jim Wells was ask if he chewed on the boys for what they had done. He just laughed ,said they were just boys set out on an adventure.Said he was just glad that they were found safe and in good shape.Chances are with thier life style they probably hadn't ever seen the Mississippi River and Tom and Huck inspired them to take a little trip.Now don't know what the parents might of done when they got them home. Might of been a lesson out in the wood shed. Ouch.:eek:oooh: Hadn't heard about the offer to take them out on the water.Wouldn't surprise me though sine Hannibal is Tom And Hucks home town.

7. Grub Worm

Grub Worm New Member

State:
    Texas
    good story i hope they get to go to hannibal