Boy can I sharpen a knife!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Brian Wheeler, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Brian Wheeler

Brian Wheeler New Member

State:
    ohio
    While fishing late sat. night went over to get my 1958 rapala filet knife to cut up some bait and slicccccce right across my fingers( expletive/ expletive/expletive).So after a 20 min. drive to madison IN.and 3hrs. at the hospital,my grand prize for this is 5 stiches in one finger(can you guess which one) fishing pretty much sucked the rest of the night,and pretty much the rest of the week.
    SO PLESE LET THIS BE A REMINDER TOO ALL BE CAREFUL AT NIGHT OR WHENEVR WITH YOUR KNIVES( AND YES IT WAS IN IT'S CASE).

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    atleast you know its sharp enough to cut your stitches when there ready. not really lol, but smirking!:embarassed: sorry:crazy:

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Sorry to hear that bro!!! LOL I HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Brian been there done that!! That's why I carry a suture kit,xylocaine and a hypo in my frist aid kit,it's a lot cheaper and takes less time and yes I've used it(30+ stiches),heck one day I even had to sew the end of a finger back on.

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Jim,
    Sounds to me like you need to let someone else cut your bait .:lol:

OUCH!!!

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you have medical training? The reason I ask I wasn't aware that you could carry a suture kit and zylocaine and syringes in a First Aide Kit! Very interesting post.I agree if you carried a vial of antibiotics you could give yourself an injection to help ward off any infection. Reps to you brother that would really come in handy to be able to take care of an injury such as that!!:big_smile:

7. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hope your finger gets better man that would have to hurt ouch get better!

8. Brian Wheeler

Brian Wheeler New Member

State:
    ohio
    thank you all very much,but i think i'll let my wife remove my stiches(i'm afraid i'll hurt myself again)lol.
    I myself could not stich up my own finger(finger wounds tear me up).
    And for that knife ...I gave it to my buddies dad i don't want no knife that does'nt like me:crazy::crazy::crazy:

9. flathead jack

flathead jack New Member

State:
    ohio
    OUCHHH!!!!!!!:still_dreaming:

10. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    aww comeon... you don't want to do what patrick swazye did in roadhouse where he stiched him self up :big_smile:

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Been there done that cut my self