Boxing...ever do it???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by blindfly69, Aug 30, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I did for about 2 years and loved it!!....but after a while i got fatboy disease and now im too lazy to go to the gym anymore lol.........boxing really taught me a lot......for instance.....i can take hits like nobody i've ever met anymore lol.....the head trainer said it was kinda freakish....what about you??? did you ever box?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I tried boxing out and found out that my arms are a little short for my body weight to box. I also found out that I am a little better brawler than a boxer. either way I hate fighting cause it hurts when I get hit, lol.

3. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, I just hope I don't ever catch that disease...lol

4. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I trained muay thai for about a year. I loved it but i just didnt have the time. Its kickboxing basically except strikes with the elbows and knees are legal. My trainer was the reigning national welter weight champion. I learned a lot and it was a blast. If you ever get a chance give it a shot.

5. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    one of my best friends won the though man in 2004 and after that he went pro. he is undefeated right now. all first round knockouts. you will see him on ESPN someday. his name is Billy (the kid) Evans

6. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Dont much like boxing, but i LOVE football. Would rather be tackleing and pushing besides punching:tounge_out:

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey i was bouncer for 6 years does that count?

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Until I came to BJJ, boxing was my favorite thing to do. I got in alot of fights at school as a kid so my mom decided I should have a better avenue to vent my energies. I did it for a while...not that I was any good:roll_eyes: .

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Being that you are still alive,it means that you had both skill and luck.I am glad that you survived.I think that my outstanding skill at boxing consisted of allowing my opponents to wear themselves out beating on me until they gave up.Man,some of those guys seemed to take forever to whip.peewee-williams.

10. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ust to play around at a local gym but never actually got in the ring. would love to give it a try though. thing is i got an attitude problem and would definetly need to get a trainer to whip that out of me lol

11. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Ive got 9 years of Jiu-Jitsu sparring down. I've been punched, kicked, elbowed, kneed, thrown, slammed, bashed, twisted, pinned, and generally beaten. But Im 5'8 and 130' soakin wet so its a good thing I guess. I now have the pain tolerance of a water buffalo and Im trained to fight. Not to useful tho, Im a pacifist lol. I like to sit on the boat, sip my beverage and listen for the clicker :cool2:

12. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Flatheadhunter...BJJ's big down there in AZ isn't it??

Oh yeah...I LLLOOOVVVEEE BOXING

13. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I have a match every time I smart off to my girlfreind, boy can she hurt a fella. lol

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I almost tried it once...with my math teacher who was a Jesuit priest and an ex golden glove boxer. He threw an eraser at the kid in front of me, who was sleeping in class, but missed and hit me. I picked up the eraser and hit him with it. He then took me to the gym where we put the gloves on and, after my first swing, he proceded to wear my young a$$ out!

15. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I once ate a whole box of cookies,does that count?:big_smile:

16. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i boxed in the navy, had four fights. No trainer, just did it for fun

17. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thats my problem, I am full of attitude. :crazy:

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I have never done it, wouldnt even know where to go for a reputable coach. Read an article in Muscle and Fitness Hers and seemed like something that I would like to do. My Papa was in the Navy overseas during the wars and done it...got the nose to prove it :lol:. But excerising is the best way to 'release' some steam and I seem to have one hot head at times. I'd like to learn though, might check into and see what I can see.

19. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like to watch it, sometimes. I used to spare a little with friends( both of them won the tough man). I was pretty good. I could beat both of them, but I just don't like to box other than with friends. I get alittle to mad sometimes and I don't like that feeling. Not killing mad(I would never do that) or nothing, just pretty mad. It is fun with my friends, though. Now that I think about it, there is a few people around here(my town) that would I love to get in the ring.:lol: Great post!!

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My father in law boxed in the Marines. When someone hits you so hard your eye swells shut it has to hurt. Not for me thanks.
    Bill