bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Mar 20, 2008.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Whats a good cheap bow I can get for beginners?

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There should be a bow shop in your area that can help you with that. All new shooters need to have the bow fit them or they will not stick with it. All the wallmarts and the others have bows ,but it helps to find someone to help fit the bow to the person.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Mike made a good point. Go to an Archery Pro Shop. They can measure the child for his or her draw length and a comfortable poundage for draw weight. These things are very important for accurate shooting. Also are you considering buying a compound or traditional bow? Will the child be using a release or starting out with fingers? My suggestion is starting with fingers. Also good form is key in archery. Hopefully there is an archery club near where u live. This is a great start for kids to get involved in the sport. I just wish I started archery at an earlier age. As far as buying a cheap bow, be a little flexible in spending the money. A good quality bow should last for several years if taken care of properly. Many good brands like HOYT, MATHEWS, PSE and others offer excellent bows for the youngsters in mind.

:0a26:Mark..

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Maybe I made a mistake on my last post. I guess when referring to beginners I was associating that to youngsters, the same rules apply to adults that are beginning archery. Sorry my mistake.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    cheap is a word that isnt used much in archery.. a "cheap" bow would be considered between $100-$200 range. thats not much for some people but it is for others. my first bow was a beginner bow as well and was considered good for beginners but crap for experts. and it was i think $212 without all the add-ons. it was a fred bear forkhorn. if i had to give you a name thatd be it