Bows are just like computers!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by dougc, Dec 2, 2006.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Ever notice when you buy the latest and greatest thing, within two months something better comes out. Shortly after I bought my new Outback bow, Matthews sends me a discount coupon for their "new" bow- the Switchback. Spend $650 on a brand new bow, and now they want me to spend more money. Now I see the Outback is discontinued, there are three versions of the Switchback, and they have a brand new model for 2007- the "Drenaline". Where does it all end?

http://mathewsinc.com/browse-bows.asp

2. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    yup noticed that, I'm planning on buying a buddies bow from him, 6 years old, has killed plenty of dear, just now broke in.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    New doesn't mean better. Save your money and shoot what you have. It's not about WHAT you shoot, it's about HOW you shoot. I shoot a 35 year old bow but I still get my limit every year.

4. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Flathead Willie is 100% right, unless you never kill anything. then one might try to look the best on the range. I buy a bow every five to eight years, its a coulpe years on it when I get it. Then starting in Jan I shoot a couple hundred arrows a week until Oct. I usually get it handed to me all summer but come Oct-Nov- Dec I'm usually doing all the dishing. I use this way of thinking with alot of things. Like trucks of cars or whatever Get something that works and stick with it.