Bowhunting Big Fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Jan 14, 2007.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ran across a few vids on Google Video and went to the website, there are some really cool videos on the website. Here is a couple. :big_smile:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3675712513681367588&q=fishing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=185153398465120190&q=fishing

The first one has some incredible shots. These asian carp are jumping out of the river , and these guys are shooting them in mid air with their bows. The second video is a huge alligator gar getting shot with bow and arrow.

The website is livehunt.com

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Have you ever gone bow fishing, I've got a 150lbs draw weight cross bow and a compound bow that I can use, I would like to give it a shot but I would have to get some of the barb hooks that KWDP requires. I've got the reel and the line for the compound bow just have to find the hooks. I picked up the 2007 fishing regulations today at the Wal-Mart in Gardner, they made noodling legal on certain parts of the river but it also you to purchase a $27.00 some odd dollar permit to hand fish and its only open for a certain amount of time.

chris

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    keith, thanks for the info, there are some really neat videos there. I downloaded the Asian carp and Alligator gar videos.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chris , Ive never done it. Ive never hunted with a bow at all. I just thought it was pretty cool to see something like that. I would love to get a bow, and start hunting though. I imagine you would have to be very good to hit one of those asians in the air like that though. Maybe someday.

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Has there been any reports of the Asian Carp in the Kansas or the Mo rivers yet? I have seen some large grass crap at one of the smaller ponds at Shawnee Mission Park that I would like to get but they wont allow it. The park rangers at the park have already caught 3 people bow hunting in the park, one was right off of a main walking trail. LOL

chris

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    At this point, they are both loaded with them. On a sidenote, they make great catfish bait!

7. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    They need some people to hunt in that place, there are a ton of deer running around there. Last spring while fishing along mill creek I came across a stand probebly 5 feet from the edge of the park. There are some nice bucks I wouldnt mind shooting in there.