Bowfishing

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by Sasquatch_24, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Has anyone been out this year? Im excited to see how people are doing around the country. I found a couple spots nearby that im going to try out this weekend. I bought all the gear about 2 years ago and my compound bow is set up for it, i just havent ever gotten around to going. Any helpful suggestions???

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I am killing them to death here.

3. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    thats great! we dont have any gar out here in colorado, but im going to definitely try for some big old carp.:big_smile:

4. blackriverfisher

blackriverfisher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    doing pretty good here in missouri so far about 5 fish per person an hour. letting smaller ones go. going for 8lbs +

the more you practice the better your shot will be and the faster you can pull it off

some people just instinct shoot looking down the arrow
    but i use true glow LED sights that light up . i used 1 pin because if all the pins are on the sight its to bright to see so i took all of them off except one. you can get some for around 20 at wally world and they come cnc aluminum.

and remember if its deeper than 6" "aim low"

5. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I've been out a few times this year. Both on the Missouri and the Ol Miss. I'm not a great shot, but had a lot of action each time I went. I shot at the biggest gar I have ever seen in these parts but he was really deep and I mis-judged.:angry:

6. blackriverfisher

blackriverfisher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yeah i havent had a chance to shoot at a huge gar yet this year
    the one i shot might seem big but it was only 55" and 13.5lbs
    the state record was takin in the same area a few years back at 36lbs i cannot imagine:eek:oooh:

7. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    i went for the first time yesterday and i saw two carp and took two shots. both shots seemed to hit below the fish. i have the tru glow sights on my bow. i havent sighted my bow in a couple months and ive been pretty ruff on the sights lately. im going to a HUGE resivoir on friday on a bass boat. ill let you all know how i do. ill make sure to sight in my bow this time around. :wink:

8. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    TILL KILLING THEM HERE. I AM EATING THE GAR AND GIVING THE CARP TO THE BLACK GUYS HERE THAT EAT THEM. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111:cool2: