Bowfishing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wolfdog, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Got any bowfishermen on here??? What kind of a setup do you use? Had any luck this year?

2. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Yea we got a few on here, i use a Fred Bear whitetail II with an AMS bowfishing reel. We went out wading creeks for gar and carp about 6 times so far this year and have always had good luck. i think our biggest one was about a 4ft long gar.

3. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    im tryin to get into it but i have a lot of other things i need to buy first

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ive been trying to get one but everytime i have the money they are sold out. ive shot AMS with my buddy and i love it

5. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Whitetail II old and slow but it works shoot by instinct with no rest use muzzy carp tip fiberglass arrow.

6. blackriverfisher

blackriverfisher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i use a hoyt raider bow, ams wave roller rest, ams retriever, garpoon tips with yellow jacket shafts, and muzzy nock adapters.

biggest fish to this date wich i have only been bowfishing for 6 months now is a 55" longnose gar that was a good fight in a john boat lol this pic it is in my avatar and im 6' 4" and 315lbs if it looks small :roll_eyes:

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is a nice fish! Lots of fun and it realy doesn't take a lot of money to start. I started with a hand wind reel and now I use an old recurve and a AMS reel,the cheap arrows I can find and just have a ball. We have a lot of the white and bighead carp here and you can stool 30 fish without even trying.
    Keep shooting

8. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Yep went several times this year got 91 this spring 86 carp and 4 gar and and 1 goldfish use a hoyt recurve with ams bottle reel thats the way to go i have had the others. heres some pics 101_6878.jpg

101_67381.jpg

101_67991.jpg

9. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm shooting a mathews sportsman right now but also have 5 other bows set up just in case.Retreivers are great for just going out and shooting but spinners are way faster to reel in for tourneys.If you give me a pm i'll give ya a couple great sites to check out.I don't know where you guys are trying to order from but my sponcer ALWAYS has anything you guys might need in stock.We usally try and get out at least 3 to 4 times a week.Heres a picture of my gator gar i shot down in texas in june.

Attached Files:

10. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am currently going after the ultimate prize Coy. Found a great spot to shoot carp they are every where and I'm the only one who shoots them. Its great. I don't turn down any carp that gets in my sight which is probably why I haven't shot one of the coy yet but I will I have seen two one is orange and one is white and black both are about 20# and swim right with the carp.

11. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    i killed 35 carp on sunday with an HCA compound, AMS retriever, muzzy tips.