Bowfishing rig

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Desperado, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I just about got my Alum. deck built for the front of my Lowe 1648 Jon boat for bowfishing. I plan on putting 6-500 watt lights on the deck and put a 5250 watt. genny in the boat to run them. I will then be able to bowfish at night and get out there and stick some pigs.(carp, gar, drum, quillback, etc....) I'll try to get some pics up when I get it done. :cool: :)

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That will be neat to see some pics of that when you are finished with it. A couple of years ago me and my buddy had just launched the boat on the Ohio River in a slight fog when we see the sun coming up the river at us. Turned out to be two guys in a large jon boat with a setup like you are making running up the river with everything on. :thumbdown But I bet for doing some bowfishing, that will work well. Post some pics when you can.

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
  4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I just got the Diamond plate cut for the flooring and looking for some alum. tubing for hand rails. But I will post when I get the deck done. It will be with out the lights and I'll post when the lights go on.

Any ideas about getting some 2'x2"x 1/8" square tubing?

5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    might want to think about a section of grip strut to stand on, keep feet from sliding no matter what.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    When I'm shopping for metals, I usually have the best luck at Metal Supermarkets.

They have a web site too. Just Google it and you'll find it.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Ok, I'll look into the metal supermarkets. Thanks for the idea.

What is grip strut? I have diamond plate with the extra ridges, will this stuff be better?

8. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    Clarence i would recommend putting rhino lining over the diamond plate it not only looks cool over the diamond plate but also gives you move protection from slipping and easy to clean i hope this helps

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Can you buy that in a paint can or spray??

10. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

you should be able to pick up rhino like liners at your local parts store rolls on with paint roller

11. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Grip strut is like expanded metal with teeth, it will hold you in place can buy at most any steel company usually 10" X 12'. It is used on high walkways and anyplace where there can be a slippery area in a plant. It has open holes where you are standing so suff will fall through, and most everything will not stick to where you are standing. Will need to leave ends open to rinse from under it. It can be welded to the metal you already have.

12. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I got on the site for the Metal Supermarket. The only one here in Ohio is in Cinny. I'm looking for tubing in the 2" square, they wanted $5.49 a foot :thumbdown That is way too much. But thanks for the idea of the supermarket though. :0a31: I'm going to keep looking or maybe use a different metal for the railing.

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is a bow fishing rig I seen at the evansville boat show, one of my friends here fishes off this boat with a bow, he said its unreal.

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    One more picture of the deck and the lighting of it.

15. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Clarence, what was the wall thickness you were looking for, .0625 or .125 or something even bigger? Do you absolutely need 2" square? And how long of a piece do you need? If you don't mind me asking, how are you going to be using it? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to see if I can come up with something that would work for you or not.

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I was looking for 2" pipe so I can use it for railing around the top on my bowfishing deck. I was looking at mounting the lights from the rail or just mount them to the deck. But thank you very much for offering to help me out on this. The least I could do is invite you to go out and stick some pigs with me. DH that is one nice bowfishing rig. My boat isn't that big but I would want to have that one.

Clarence

17. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    DeerHunter01

What brand name boat is that?
    I'm looking to get a small center console like that.

18. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    bubbajum

Thats a G3 2017 Boat. It looks pretty sweet.

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Wolfman, thanks for the input on the tubing. I went to a few of our recyclers and found some tubing in 2" and some a bit smaller. I got it dirt cheap, but just got it before it went to be melted down. I hope to get this stuff cut down and welded by next week. Thanks for all the ideas and input guys.;) I'll try to get pics up when I get it welded up. I just have to get this program to work to post them.

20. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Desperado instead of a generater you might want to look into a power inverter.Just get you like 4 or 5 batteries,wire them in series and figure how many watts you will need for all your lights and accesories(sp).The inverter will be alot more quieter than a loud generater,might spook the fish with all that noise and you dont have to carry more gas for the generater.Just an idea.