Bowfishing for Asian Carp

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Did any of you happen to catch the recent episode of American Outdoorsman where they were bowfishing for asian carp up on the Illinois River?

It was one of the more entertaining episodes I've watched - they had fish jumping in every direction with two guys on the rear of the boat plucking them out of mid-air. Plus fish jumping in the boat, hitting the camera man, the driver and the "funters" (they couldn't decide if they were fishermen or hunters, so settled on "funters"...)

Looks to me like there's a money-making opportunity for someone who wants to start a carp-slaying guide service!:eek:oooh:

2. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was in a Tournament up in Havana, IL several years ago and found something quite interesting. People were paying 10 dollars to go out on a pontoon boat which they were given football helmets and trash can lids for their shields. I just about died laughing when I heard this. Later that day, I actually saw the boat go out and the screaming of these people when the carp started to jump. What people will pay for joy rides and entertainment is beyond me!

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I took a direct hit to the side of the head last summer. It ruined me, I now have Shell Shock. When they start jumping I start Ducking. LOL
    It was a 20 plus pound fish, nearly knocked me out. The bad part was the thing Shat all over me. I tried to wash my shirt out in the river but ended up throwing it away. The person or persons responsible for those things getting in our river systems should be stung up.