Bowfin Bonanza

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by MadKater, Jul 23, 2006.

1. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    welp me and my daughter are off to do some fishing for bowfin today,i found a place that is just full of the suckers,i hope we get ahold of a few,id love to see her get ahold of a big ole bowfin....them suckers fight like crazy!.........will report back in a few.

PS. camera is charged and sitting in the front seat of the truck :roll_eyes: :wink:

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i myself havent caught one but helped land one with the net and they are some fighting sonofaguns tore a whole in my net and it was just an 11 lb
    fish. hope you and your daughter have fun and catch a munch of em
    cant wait to see pics

3. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We have caught tons of them in the oxbow lakes, and rivers of south Georgia. They seem to love crushing a spinnerbait, or a big plastic worm. Believe it or not, a bunch have been caught on a slow moving top water bait.I would use a cheaper spinnerbait if you are trying for them as they will wreck your offering. They also love to roll, and tangle your hooks up in the net if you net them. They are just a problem fish here, a prehistoric tackle wrecker. Good fishin', Jack.

4. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    oh trust me i know how these things will wreck tackle lol we probably catch a couple hundred a year,they are everywhere here.
    welp alex was more interested in throwin rocks in the lake today that she was fishing,she got bored pretty fast,i hookd 2 bowfin and lost em both at the bank,they prolly went 9-10#,alex caught a nice channel cat as we where packing up,they where biting real well this morning,didnt have a single cast where we didnt have a good run,but sometimes them bowfin are hard to hook.
    alex caugth her channel on cut skip jack,i even taught her how to set a hook and she did awsome! she didnt hesitate when i told her pick up the rod and jerk it back,i was very impressed that a 4 year old could put that much "umph" behind a rod that is twice as long as she is tall lol.
    here are a couple of pics........had a great day even tho we only fished for around an hour - hour and half,ill probably go back out in a bit by myself,alex want to swim in the pool today so she isnt to interested in fishing rite now lol.but she is excited about the fish she caught all by her self lol

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    ooops.forgot the pics lol
    [​IMG] eating...what she does best lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

welp im having problems,seeing pics on my end of the line....havin problems posting pics as well.......let me know if those links work for anyone

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The pics were great! Glad you could get out and do some fishing Buddy!!!

7. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Sounds like you all had a blast. Keep the good times rollin.

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    pics came through fine.
    looks like you two had a great time. you have a cute little kid
    and hope she keeps fishin with you always.
    thanks for sharin pics.

9. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    thanks for the replys folks. i hope to take her out again this sunday morning if i dont have to work.