Bowerstock

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bluegill_Puncher, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Bluegill_Puncher

Bluegill_Puncher New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    anyone fish the bowerstock dam area? any luck down there on flathead? where do you sit and cast? What bait works good down there? Thanks

2. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I have not fished there yet but I have just recently moved down the street from the dam. I have stopped there on occasion and just sat and watched the river, saw a few people fishing it but not catching anything. Right now its up pretty good, and there is a lot of debris in there right now also.

3. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    I live in lawrence during the regular school year so I'll probably be trying it sometime soon.

4. carp 5O

carp 5O New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Used to be lots of folks that fished the dam but for some reason the last few springs have had fewer and fewer anglers. Most work the northside below the dam. The Bowersock folks have the dam posted "no tresspassing" but you can legally go as far as the barbwire fence. Some boat up from the 8th street ramp and get access to the island or where the water comes over the dam during normal water flows. Alot of people used to fish the south side but the motel and the Bowersock have shut down alot of the access. Have seen alot of nice flathead come off the north side when the water backs down a bit.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    aint fished it last year or so far this year. i stopped by there thurs. on my way to KC and it was flat out rollin. the 8th st. ramp looked good to use though, nice and clear. the last time i fished it i got me a 6/7 pound flat and about a 5 ft. gar. the gar broke off while i was playin around w/ it at the waterline.