Bowersock

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by shelbygt1979, Mar 6, 2009.

1. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well went out with Keith to Bowersock today I never been there before and it really looks like a really good spot I had a few bites I think I don't know for sure I did'nt get anything Keith did get a 8.5 pound Channel he looked really nice for a river cat.

Here are a few pics of the Cat and some pics Keith took of the Dam and such.

Attached Files:

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Here are some more pics

Attached Files:

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Three more pics and this is all. It sure was a really nice day to be out.

Attached Files:

4. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    Nice fish,,,,good job...

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Sure is some clear water for the Kaw river isn't it. You all need to give a shout out next your in the neighborhood, be nice to meet in person. Nice cat, what was it caught on??

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Charlie , I called Kyle W. to see if he had your #. I was gonna call you. We sure could of used some advice. That was our first time down there. It was caught on cut shiner. It was a real nice day. Next time I get out there Ill call ya. PM me your # if you would. :big_smile:

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice channel Keith and nice pics Shelby.:wink:

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    If you guys would had went down stream a few hundred yards and yelled Charlie he could had heard you, you were so close to his house. Glad to see you guys out fishing in the great weather we had today. That is a real cool place to fish with a lot of history behind it. I plan on hitting it a few times this year in the boat.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Dan, I knew Charlie lived just right down the street, I just didnt know the address. Oh well , im sure we'll hook up next time we're out there. :cool2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice Cat Keith great pic.

Just use your nose and when your mouth starts to water you are close to Charlie's house.He has that smoker going at all time's..:wink:

11. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice cat and pics. I've been wanting to do some fishing down that way, but have never made a trip.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good to see you Jamie, you fishing this year? If so , where at?

13. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good to see you too Keith. I'm hoping to fish this year, lol. Only been once or twice since I saw you last. Planning to go in the next week or so, not sure where yet. Looking at hitting OSL, Shawnee, Clinton and the KAW for sure sometime this year. You been out doing a lot of fishing so far?

14. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Thanks for the links Kieth I've been to a lot of those falls.

15. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Nice channel Keith. I might have to get out there and look around this weekend.

16. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

ahh home sweet home

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Tom, Shelby and I was talking alot about you when we were down there. I was telling Shelby that we were in one of your spots, and that there were alot of good bank spots on that south side, and I bet that you fish all of them. Hopefully next time we get out there, youll come down, and point us to some good spots. Looks like about 100 yds down stream, where the rough water starts to smooth out, there is a good hole. Im thinking about fishing that the next time out there.

18. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah guys... We were gonna stop by and talk to you guys but we had to hurry and get home...