bow sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jarhead, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    how many of ya shoot just a 1 pin sight if any and your opinion on using just 1 pin last year i switched to a 1 pin and no peep sight just line it up along the string and it seemed to work good for me there was a lot les confusion didnt have to worry about low light and not seeing threw the peep but i msut admit i lost some accuracy but if i keep my shots 30 yards or less i felt it would produce a deer and i ended up with my first buck it only took 17 years to do it

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah I have a good friend that uses a pendulum sight. He has used it for about 8 years now. Thinking of switching to one this year. My shots are never over 40 yards.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Good thinking on using the 1 pin sight for hunting. Takes out alot of the guesswork from deciding which pin to use for the yardage. Most of the bows today are so fast, that a guy can use 1 pin for 20-30yds, and still be deadly accurate. I still like the benefit of using a peep sight, because of the accuracy issue. Going with a larger sight appeture allows more light for low light conditions. Always make sure the peep sight doesn't twist when drawing the bow back.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I used "Kentucky windage" for a long time. I loved just knowing that the target was less or more than 25 yards. Then I would adjust accordingly. But, I agree with Mark, peeps are a necessary evil.

5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The more you shoot with that setup the better you will get. No sight is what I use. But I will not take a shot that I think is over 20 yards.

6. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i shoot a 1 pin sight because i was unsure of the distance on a buck and i ended up shooting him very him and we didnt find him. atfer that i switched to the 1 pin, and it seems to work just fine for me. im getting a new bow in a week or so ill be using only 1 pin on that too.