Bow Season

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by zmoon, Jul 12, 2006.

1. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody started scouting yet for bow season. Bow season starts in two months, better be getting started scouting pretty soon. I put out a couple cameras on a couple of my farms this past weekend, looking forward to checking them in a couple weeks. nothing like knowing what you are hunting, before you put stands up

2. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    I usualy start about this time of year, but running a little late, probably within a couple of weeks. Its just hard to get very excited in this heat.

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wish i could but right now im not sure where im gonna be hunting this year....its between two places and the one....welll......i dont really like going there too much.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Kinda lookin forward to those cool, crisp days of October! Finding rubs and scrapes, then setting up for the hunt!

5. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    ive got my eye on a couple of bucks around my place. they are looking pretty good to me.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm ready to start but it needs to cool off a little, I a little full figured and this heat is killing me.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've already got my trees picked out for the season. Can't wait.

8. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have plans to go out on Sat. morning and get up a few stands that needed some repair. Not real close to my hunting spots and only a few free weekends between now and the 15th of September. Hope to see that brute of a 10 again this year.

9. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I have seen many big bucks, put up all of my old stands and have purchased new ones to put up. i think the biggest one that i saw was a massive ten that was already two inches past each ear.

10. Mocathunter

Mocathunter New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    It's getting closer for sure. We tilled up two plots, in preparation for an August planting. Been so dry, there is only 2 ponds out of 8 on our 700 acres that still have water in them, luckily they are the 2 large ones. Probably have the cameras up in a few weeks. Would be pretty neat to compare some cam pictures between BOC fellas, somebody for sure will have some shots of some bruisers.

11. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    Start scouting???????? I didn't know good archery (deer) hunters ever stopped. Good Hunting................

12. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    i was thinking of trying to bow hunt on some public ground this yr in mossouri just wondering if you guys had any ideas where the best chance to see a good buck or two might be?