Bow season progress report

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jeffw51, Sep 9, 2007.

1. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    hey guys i would be very interested in hearing how your bow season is going once it starts.to me one of the exciting things about bowhunting is meeting up with your hunting partner after the hunt and hearing how thier hunt went .this way instead of one or two hunting partners i can have dozens,pretty cool!let me know if your interested ,and thanks.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm about 45 minutes south of Joplin and seen more fawns this year than i have in a long time. Due to the late killing freeze and ice storm we had white oak acorns are zero. There are some red oak and the resent rains have helped the pastures green back up. I'm thinkin they'll walk more than they did last year due to the shortage of food. I'm fixin to plant a oat patch and some more plots. jf

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I can't wait for the season to start. This is the best time of year, I can't wait to hear the stories. I think this will be a good year in Mo, the deer seem thick and the weather will be nice for the opener. Good luck all!!:big_smile:

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Come on OCT. 1st. !!!!!!

5. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    thanks guys ,sept 15th i cant wait!

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I agree with everyone else. I can't wait to hear the reports. I'm with Sam, come on Oct 1st. I'm seeing lots of deer while traveling to and from work. I also agree that due to the late killing frost and freeze, the deer will moving more to fill their bellies. Should be a very good archery season.

7. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    september 22nd up here in south dakota. i cant wait!

8. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    It's Sept. 29 for me and it's hard to sleep at night. Anticipation, got to love it. Have all of you signed up for the archery big buck contest? I don't have a chance but I'm going to give it a shot, or two.:wink:

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well, deer season started September 1st here in KY. I haven't got to go yet, though! I hope to go this weekend. It supossed to be alot cooler. Man, I do wish it would cool down!! Good luck to all!!

10. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    its 50 degrees this morning and i can see my breath,with cold front last night deer where everywhere, i almost harvested one last night with my truck.

11. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well, A buddy and I went out opening day (Sept. 8). The high temp was 94 degrees. We're in the midst of extreme drought conditions. I didn't know what to expect, but was confident in our stand locations. We didn't get one but we did see 2 deer. Coming out of the woods late in the a.m. saw a small pine nearly shredded, looks like the bucks are shedding their velvet. I'm excited about this season, but praying for rain and cooler temps.

12. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    it started the first here. I have only went once due to the heat. I took my 8 year old boy with me sunday for a afternoon hunt we had a big doe that still had her yearling with her so I passed on the shots. I had an easy shot on both of them at 35 yards for about 10 mins. my son got mad at me for not shooting but I tryed to explaine (MY) ethics to him and that was just a situation were (I) prefer to not shoot. well after that I had a hard time keeping him still and quiet to continue are hut so we called it quites for the day.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    this year the special regulation area I hunt is opening 2 weeks early so I start my season this saturday (9/15). Its been hot & muggy lately so Im not looking forward to the middle of the day in the woods but I'll be alright....

14. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    39 degree forecast for northwest mo sat morning Jeff, should be good. Been watching a couple good ones this past couple weeks. Depending on wind direction I might have a good hunt.

15. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    this weather is awsome todd,i already have six or seven stands ready but i keep seeing a nice buck drinking out of the creek behind my house looks like i need a new stand location.

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    our season opens the 29th of september. i will have to miss the first 4 or 5 days of the season for work, but i have a spot i have been watching pretty good. when we scouted it last year, there was no deer sign at all. after the season opened though it was full of deer. it's a grass flat about 200 acres, and on the river side of it the deer bed down right in the middle of it. i found it by walking through it in the middle of the day and was pretty surprised. anyhow i hope to get a couple there this year. good luck to all of yall!

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It starts Oct. 6th here. I got my broad heads all sharpened up today and have been shooting every day for a few weeks now. I was hoping to use my new left handed bow this year, but after breaking my right thumb a couple months ago, it's pretty painful. So I guess it's another right handed year. This will be my 32nd consecutive opening day in the woods with my "Medicine Bow", and I'm looking for my 130th deer with it! I can't wait!!!!!

18. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    billie,ive always wanted to take a recurve into the woods,i just cant make myself put my compound bow down and try it.i shoot pretty well instinctively i started out that way .i used to shoot 3D tournaments with a guy who shot a black widow recurve ,we practiced together and he taught me how to shoot that recurve properly.i admire you guys who shoot instincively it is an art form.

19. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    starts here on oct 1st
    this morning would have been an awsome morning to sit in the stand with lows in the upper 30s
    iv been getting tons of pictures of deer on a trail 35 yards from my stand so im pretty pumped , a few nice deer and a couple giants
    cannot wait
    they will probably change thier patters lol knowing my luck
    good luck everyone

20. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Our season opens Oct 1st here. I have a couple good locations picked out right now. One of the spots I have seen 7 good bucks coming thru. I used to competition shoot with a recurve bow but now I hunt with a 2005 HighCountry compound bow. Ive harvested 5 deer with it so far, hoping to get a few more this year. I just joined the Big Buck Archery contest today so Im hoping I get a big one. Its been so hot and dry, I am glad we finally got some rain here this past week and things are beginning to cool down. The grass is showing signs of growth in the bottoms which will make it a better chance of harvesting a good buck. I hunt the swampy bottom areas a good bit, thats where I have had most luck. Cant wait to hear some of yalls stories and hope to add a few of my own. Good luck to everybody this year with both bow and gun seasons. Me, I cant wait til Oct 1st. I live and breathe for bow and turkey hunting.