Bow mount for trolling motor

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by snooker_hooker, Feb 28, 2006.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    did not know where to put this. looking for a bow mount for trolling motor. converting from transome mount to bow mount. any help would be great

2. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    I Just Purchased A 65 Lb Bow Mount Form Cabelas Off The Net. It Was A Close Out Motor So I Got A Really Good Price. As Well As Free Shipping And No Tax. They Should Still Have Some Left. They Only Have 42 Inch Shafts.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Snooker I built one myself. It works just fine. Took some square tubing and welded them to form a long L shape. Then I bolted a board to the L shape and bolted the other part to the bow of my boat. Not the prettyest thing but it works and it is cheap. Other wise you can buy the from about any where. Cabelas,Bass pro, and so on.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    What size shalft does it have? I have a bow mount for a Johnson bow mount Trolling motor.
    But looks like we like quite a ways apart.
    Good luck I have been trying to find a transom mount that has a swing gate where you can take the Trolling motor out of the mount.
    PEte

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A trolling motor repair shop could obviously order you a new mount for your specific motor but they may just have one around on hand allready. They too sometimes have used motors on consignment or repaired units that the owner never picked up that they will sell for cheap.

6. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i just bought one from cabelas for $29.99. this is for jon boat, didnt see what kind of boat you were working with. i would have made one myself, but i have so much to do to get my boat ready. so i went and bought one to save some time cause im quickly running out.

7. kycomphers

kycomphers New Member

State:
    kentucky
    most boat dealers that carry jons also will carry these mounts