bow maintenance

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by massa_jorge, Jul 7, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey yall after i shoot i wax my bowstring and oil my cams, then i spray silicone my cams. i keep my bow in a case as well. what else can i do to keep my bow in top shape? it's a compound bow. thanks for any help.

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds to me like you have a pretty good maintainance routine already. The only other thing that I can suggest would be to get your bow into a press at the end of the season and take the string off the cam. This will keep your string from stretching, which is not only bad for the string, but can also affect your accuracy.

3. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Good post bro!

When I wax my string I put the wax on then use a leather glove and run it up and down the string. The friction causes the wax to melt and get deep into the string.

Check the groove in your cam that the string rides in and look for dings every now and then. A ding or burr will tear up a string quick. Also check the string loops that hook to the cam and serving on the string around the cam. Look for wear. If you see any get to a pro shop and have them fix it or replace the string or cable.