Bow hunting for beginners

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Chris, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am interested buying a bow for deer and turkey hunting. I don't know a lot about bows and what I should look for when buying one. Most of the hunting that I will be doing will be from a tree stand, I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks for the help
    Chris

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Go to your local archery shop and shoot several differt bows and get the one that feel good to you. Everyone is going to tell you to buy what they are shooting. Good luck to you. ;)

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    That is good advise check out alot of bows each has its pro's and con's try and find one that feels right to you and you will do much better with it..

4. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    And most Archery shop personnel will be very helpful in assiting you to pick the right one. Don't be afraid to talk to them, tell them why a certain bow is not comfortable as they can make adjustments to them that may change your mind about one vs another. Good luck!

5. Gob

Gob New Member

State:
    Galloway, Ohio
    Great advice from all bowhunters. Don't worry about draw weight or how light it is. Get the one that fits you best and has some room for adjustment. That way when you get shooting good with it you can make some adjustments to it. Also you don't need to buy the most expensive to kill a big buck. If the cheapest one fits you better and your a good shot consitantly with it, then its yours. Good luck and happy hunting.

6. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Thanks for the information. I will have to find a bow shop around my area and see what they have in stock this weekend. Hopefully that I find something that I like. I will keep you posted.

Chris

7. blackpowder

blackpowder New Member

Make your own bow and arrows you will be more satisfied with it then.