bow hunter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by shadgutter, Jul 10, 2008.

1. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i am an indiana bow hunter. dose anybody have advice on how often 2 tune up ur bow. just started practicing 4 this season, shooten pretty good but bow seem loud. only 4th year at bow hunten and not sure if i should do anything with it.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If it's louder than normal, i would guess something has gotten loose. I like to shoot mine thru paper each year and if i'm still tearin bullet holes, i leave it alone. I start messin with stuff that don't need messed with i end up,,,messin up.:smile2:

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Take a look at all your connecting parts, make sure all the bolts holding your sight, arrow rest, stabilizer, etc are good and snug (don't mess with the limb bolts, they'll change your draw weight).

Another thing that I do that makes a big difference is to take my arrow quiver off of my bow when I hunt. Your quiver vibrates alot, no matter how much the manufacturer says it doesn't. Beyond that most bow shops will likely give you some tips on quieting your bow for free, and a tune up usually isn't expensive.