Bow Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Carp Killer, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just wandering if there was anyone around the chanute area that does any bowfishing? A buddy and me do quite a bit starting around march and april through out the entire summer out of my flatbottom.I work 12-8 and i am always looking for someone to go with during the week when everyone else is working during the day and i'm sitting at home bored.I go alot by myself but its just not as fun.

2. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I live about 8 miles east of parsons and fish the Neosho east and north of parsons. I only live a mile from the Neosho which is awsome. Maybe we can go sometime.

3. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds good to me.Just let me know when.Hopefully it wil warm up a little next week and i can get some fishing in.At least some antler shed hunting in.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Who is a good rep company that sells bow fishing supplies?

chris

5. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Have never tried this, but I want to. After coming over to Chetopa a couple weeks ago to snag spoonbills, there were plenty of carp and gar to shoot at. I have bowhunted deer for many years, but don't even know where to start for bow fishing. What should a person get? I have a old bow that I don't use any more that I could crank down to 45-50 lbs to use it for bowfishing.

I would love to go some time, but need to get setup first!

6. Bottom Dweller

Bottom Dweller New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would love to hear what you guys come up with when ya go! Please post a follow-up to the trip.

7. roger_syclone

roger_syclone New Member

State:
    mosinee,Wi
    what kind of arrow rest do you use for bowfishing ? I am getting a old bow made up to try this kind of fishing.Any advice for a newbie will be a great help.

8. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Heres some pictures from two weeks ago at bighill lake.Only 27 fish in 3 hours.I got the lights put on my boat and we shot 88 fish this last friday night.I think you can see our bows in this picture.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

• now.jpg
      now.jpg
      File size:
      56.3 KB
      Views:
  9. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Cabelas or bass pro web sites have all the supplies you will ever need. I shoot a pse 65lb draw compound with a zebco 404 reel with 80lb. p-line. I use 31" fiberglass arrows with 135grain fishhead spears. This set up is real simple and it works well. I use cheap walmart drop away arrow rests because every once in a while your line will catch on it and tear it up. I stick to cheap arrows a cabelas cause you will destroy a few guaranteed. other than that just use what ever works best for you the combinations are endless.

10. HuntinFool001

HuntinFool001 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Is there any bowfishing tournaments held here in Kansas. Me and a buddy would love to enter some if there is any held in the area. Would appreciate if u would let me know!!

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Justin, seen your picture over on bowfishingUSA..............see you've meet the Whitehead boys:big_smile:. Tell Doug and Scott Charlie Ballenger from Lawrence said hi. You going to make it to the Perry KBA shoot, I'll have to take some vacation but will probably be the only one I can make. Charlie

12. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry i haven't been on here in a while.There is a tournement coming up on june 19th at Big Hill Lake at the timber hill boat ramp area.Check in at 5 a.m. shoot starts at 6 a.m. and runs till 4 p.m. Big 20 format.We have been killing some monster fish there the last few weeks.$30 entry fee per team,two man teams plus big fish pot.I'll post a flyer on here later.

Attached Files:

13. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Here is the flyer for big hill.

Attached Files:

14. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry the tourement is on the 16th.