Bow fishing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by CatfishRocky, Jul 14, 2006.

1. CatfishRocky

CatfishRocky New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey i was fishing on a dam and i saw a man shooting carp with a bow and i have a good bow(2006 PSE nova)and i want 2 try bow fishing what r ur thoughts on bow fishing

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thats a touchy suject for some of these guys. I have seen it done and even took one, only one shot and missed. Can't say its for me though although a few of these guys really like it

3. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I told you guys to hurry and read my previous post about people whining and told you it would be pulled.....LMAO!!!

5. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    As long as you are targeting carp and other rough fish you should not have any problems. And remember what I said to you this last time you were up here Gar are not a rough fish in my Book.

Uncle Greg

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Shouldn't catch any greif, Its a great sport and a way to get fish that is legal. In Missouri Gar are rough fish.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    The gar may not be a rough fish in your book, But I got by DNR"s book and they say they are, also in my book, Happy Hunting!!

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Shoot all the asian carp that you can. A lot of guys use Recurves so you dont have to shoot from full draw since the shooting can be quick. It's not super easy to set a bow up for fishing and then take it back to hunting IMO.

9. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love bowfishing, I use an old PSE Nova and I wouldnt really reccomend using a brand new bow for bowfishing because parts of a bow can rust easy even if you clean it up after every use, you could drop it on accident and there is a good chance it will get carp slime on it.

10. CatfishRocky

CatfishRocky New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thanx guy for your pice of mind lol