Bow fishing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wolfdog, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Anyone bowfishing the big heads and silvers?

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Not yet, I don't bowfish till it gets warm. I know they are out now but not like they are in the warmer months. All I have to say about those silver carp is KILL THEM ALL!!!

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Never have bowfished before, but would love to try it! Looks like a blast to shoot those flying carp. Gotta make sure your head and body are protected, because it could hurt if they hit you!:crazy: Need to invest in a cheap setup for bowfishing. My buddy has a pond thats infested with gar and carp, so maybe this year I'll help him out and take aim at those trash fish!! Those carp and gar can ruin a pond or lake. Nasty critters!!

4. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I'm like Jess, I don't start bow fishing until it gets warm...well Hot really. Seems to me where I bow fish it is the best shooting when sweat beads are rolling down my back!!! At least that is when the gar spend more time on top of the water.

5. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its never to cold to bowfish.We went tue night and shot a few before we,i mean my buddy got cold.LOL!!! I'm hoping to make another trip north this summer to go after those big heads again.Here is a pict from tue night.Notice the coveralls!!

Attached Files:

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well looks like ya had a great shoot! I just think of bowfishing as a warm weather sport. But, I may have to give it a try right now. I guess I have never paid attention, do the carp/gar act the same now? Do they roll and cruise the top?

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here they seem to stay down a litte more but the water is nice and clear( when the ice goes out) so they are easy to spot. It is a blast and you get to help clean them out.

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks like you had a great time and got some very nice fish. Just like catfishing, any time you can is the right time.

9. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We go yaer long.Just have to wear more clothes.LOL!! We usally won't start seeing gar untill april but you can shoot carp and buffs year round.Just have to look a little deeper.They won't be on the banks like they are in the summer.