Bow Fishing Truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Carp Killer, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Can any of you guys give me a good spot to try on truman for big buffalo or grassies? We have a big tourney over there this weekend and don't know where to start.In all our previous years we have always shot on LOZ but want to try truman this year.Any help greatly thanked!!!We will be checking in at truman dam for the tourney so hopefully some place we can find from that area.THANKS!!!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Justin cant help you. Never shot carp on Truman. Hope you have a great time and finish 1st in the tourny.

Tom

3. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

Several years ago, I entered a tourney at Sparrowfoot (just off hiway 13) Me anna friend shot several carp on the west side of 13 hiway in them low flats. we didnt win tho. Other folks came in with some big buffalo they'd got somewhere.
    I dont spose this helps much, an I aint bowfished in years. But they're out there.

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    what part of the lake you going to launch at ???? what boat ramp maybe i can help

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    What happens to the Carp after the tournament, do most have a fish fry or give them to a meat shelter?

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    when i was a kid and teenager we use to gig them and mom canned them , very good eating made like salmon patties yummy :wink:

also use to snag them using spoons below truman dam in the spring man that was a blast !!! be 4 or 5 of us go and fill the truck beds cleaned some and fed the rest to the hogs , hogs did well eating them good source of protien for them . cheap hog feed to :wink:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Around Oseola there is a lot of brakish water and shallow pools that are good for carp and gar. I think that the starting meeting is in Warsaw but I think that the drive to oseola would be worth it Good luck:big_smile:

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    The last time I was in a shoot the fish was given to a guy that brought them to a place that makes them in fertalizer. This is the Iron Man Bowfishing tourny it lasts for 24 hr, so...the fish will be in tubs for a long time. I don't think a food pantry would take them from no being very fresh.

9. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri

The last one that I went to most of the fish ended up in a ditch. There was guys coming over from the damn and getting some carp and buffalo for cut bait. And there is always a few locals that show up and take a few home to eat.

10. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks guys.We did ok but not great.Just couldn't find anything with any size.They have local farmers that take them for fertalizer.