Bow Fishing Section

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by TX Fisherman, Jan 31, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does the BOC have a bowfishing section? if not we should get one! i have never been but i have wanted to go, and have been saving up on a bow. but does anyone else want a bow fishing section? i think itd be pretty cool to share tips and pics of the days catch. now i dont know if anyone else wants one but if soo...

2. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I believe I remember seeing someone put up some pictures a while back of some of their carp they shot. I agree it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a section for that. I plan on doing that this year too. I dont know how exotic I will get with it but maybe just some carp and stuff.

3. gander

gander New Member

State:
    jerseyville IL
    that would be helpful i wanted to bye a new bow an use my old one for fishing but would some info where to start

4. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    It would be sweet to have a bow fishing section. I have been bow fishing for several years. I finally broke down and bought a recurve that I have dedicated to fishing only. It is really fun and you get A LOT of shooting in one day!

5. Iamnoone

Iamnoone New Member

State:
    FL
    I agree. I bowfished when I was in high school. Would be fun to get back into it. Used to pop a lot of the smaller carp for eating. Good stuff if done right.

6. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    O Yeah!!! Bowfishin is really sweet/fun. I just started last year and I had a blast shooting gar and carp!!! I just use my PSE Compound set at about 40lb draw.