Bow beginner

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by lroyal, Aug 13, 2007.

1. lroyal

lroyal New Member

State:
    Georgia
    alright. ive been interested in bowhunting for a while but ive never had the time. well my dad gave me a couple of bows one is a PSE pulsar gamesport and the other is a reall old browning compound.when i say old i mean really old. the thing is made from wood. regardless of how old they are i really like both of them. well they both need some work like strings and such. i was wonderin if anyony could give me any pointers on accesories and such. keep in mind im 18 with very little money and a girlfriend that takes that. thanks yall.

Lee

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Strings and cables are going to cost you $75-100 per bow to replace them.

What else are you wanting to add on it?

3. lroyal

lroyal New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i dont know exactly. they both need sights, stabilizers vibration dampeners. i need arrow rests also. i also want to know about good single peice broadheads. ive thought about it and i figured that type of broad head would be easiest to use. any input is greatly appreciated because im shure yall know more about it that me.

4. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    I use NAP razorcaps broadheads that are single piece three blade design that can be sharpen with a good flat knife sharpener($35), orginal whisker biscuit arrow rest($35), as far as stablizers go it's kind of a pick your posion type thing for me as i did with out one untill i could afford it, mechanicial release prob. at least $20, in the way of peep sights i currently use a meta peep($10) and tru-glo sights don't know the price of those, i didn't skip on arrows though (6 for $50) as i figure i will kill more trees than deer starting out. You might also consider looking as some package deals that include bow, peep, sight, strings, silencers, arrow rests. Also ask around and keep you eye open for a bow already set up to go, older bows don't hold there value very well. i purshased mine when it was an older bow still in the gun store and i think they just wanted to move the thing to make room for a pricery one.I had the local gun shop tune mine for draw length, draw wieght, and nock placement. I really enjoy practice shooting mine as it doesn't cost much arrows compared to ammunition, and as far as hunting goes, it sure is alot warmer to mess with a deer in oct. vs. nov.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The best compound I've ever owned was an "old" Browning wood bow, (1980 model). I'm sorry I sold it. Personally, I don't use sights on any hunting bow as I believe instinctive shooting makes you a better shot and a better hunter. The problem with accessories is that every one you ad, makes one more thing that can go wrong in the field.