Boundary Waters Trip!

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by stumpjumper, Feb 27, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I are in the early stages of planning a 7-10 day canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Wilderness. We plan on doing a long loop trip with portages along the way. I was curious if anyone has done any trips there and had any general advice?

I hope to have a few fish dinners during our trip. Preferably walleye! I am also debating on entering the Quetico portion (Canada) during this trip. More than likely we will use our Mad River canoe for the trip and just make the long drive north.

Anyone been there?

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    45 years ago I went with the boy scouts.You my friend are in for a trip of your life.It was alot of work but I would go again in a min.You will catch fish,Ole glass eye are more then willing to help you out with that.and dont be supprised to land some Northern along the way.

I would however get into shape. some of those portages are more like hikes, and you will feel every bit of them.Take all that you need but if you can get along without somthing, leave it behind.Remember if you take it in you have to take it out! Dont forget your camera!You will see lots of stuff that you have never seen befor.Have a safe trip,and show us some pics.Oh yeah DEEPWOODS is a must!Lots of bugs and flies.
    smokey