Boulder Reservoir in Colorado

Discussion in 'COLORADO LAKES TALK' started by coloradowhiskerchaser, Jul 1, 2006.

1. coloradowhiskerchaser

coloradowhiskerchaser New Member

State:
    colorado
    Hey Colorado cat chasers!

I have been picking up a few decent channel cats at Boulder reservoir. Cut bait in the coves seems to be the ticket. If you park outside the main gate and walk in you don't have to pay the cover charge and you can fish after dark when they kick all the cars and boats out of the park which means very few people!!!

Good luck,
    Brett

p.s. Anybody wants more info let me know.

2. valentine

valentine New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I am in the process of moving to the Denver area. Is there anything around there for cats? I am new to this board also. I have browsed as a tourist for a while though. I would love nothing more than to continue catfishing after moving!!!

3. coloradowhiskerchaser

coloradowhiskerchaser New Member

State:
    colorado
    hey new guy,
    Welcome to the neighborhood. I am a Denver native and a hopeless cat addict so if there is any info I can give to you I will be happy to help. A quick overview of colorado catfishing is that there is plenty of it, but it can take some work. The river fishing is minimal but the reservoir and lake bite can be great. We are a channel cat state so I hope you don't have your sites set on big blues or flatheads, although there are some within a days drive in Nebraska and Kansas.
    If you will let me know what part of the Denver area you are in I will try and hook you up with some places close to home. When are you arriving, better yet when can you start fishing? Good luck with the move and You will be getting cats before you know it!

Brett

p.s. Are you looking for cats for the dinner table or catch and release? Some lakes are cleaner than others.

4. valentine

valentine New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I would love some to eat!:big_smile: I do enjoy just catching and releasing, but they taste so good.

I usually fish for channels here in illinois also. I will be arriving in the Denver area around the first of August. The apartment I am looking at is in Lakewood, Co. Thanks in advance for any help.

5. JAYSOX74

JAYSOX74 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    I Catfish Alot In Northern Colorado Around Loveland And Greeley Weve Been Doing Pretty Good In Loveland A Buddy Of Mine Caught A 20 Pounder And I Caught A 15 About A Month Ago We Catch Plenty Of Eater Sizefish Also Send Me An Email And Maybe We Can Get Together And Catch A Few