bought some new goodies today

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Jan 3, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I ordered me a new American spirit rod,a couple of dip baits like sonnys and the cattracker pole snatcher.Then i went out and got some dip tubs and worms and i also got a spool of berkleys gorilla braided line in 50# test.It was on sell for 9.97 at dicks sporting goods.Ive never used braided line so this will be my first.I think it should be pretty good because it sinks when its on the water rather than float like other braids do.
    I normally dont use dip baits very much cause i havent had much luck with them but i thought i would experiment a little more to see if i can get any of them to work.Soon i plan on trying the secret seven (ran out of Christmas money:wink:

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    good luck let us know how the line does i have never used that brand

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GOOD deal, on getting your new stuff! I always use Christmas money for fishin' gear too, and have two new Abu 6500s on the way. :smile2:

<Ive never used braided line so this will be my first.I think it should be pretty good because it sinks when its on the water rather than float like other braids do.>

I always wondered what sinking or floating would have to do with line decision when catfishin'. My Power Pro sinks just fine with lead weight, hook, bait, and leader weighing it down. BTW: I hope you love your new braid as much as I like braid!!

Bill in SC

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Sounds like some nice stuff,let us know how it works out.

5. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    Sounds like some good purchases hope everything goes well with the braid. Braid is some good stuff IMO.