bought a new...

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by iabowhunter, May 23, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Berkley glow stick tonight. I brought it home, put the batteries in it and showed it to the wife. Now she want's one!:smile2: I'll have to get her one soon.

So here's the problem. I have a family reunion going on all weekend long! It'll be great to see family and all but man I want to be at the river tring out this new rod.

Wonder if I can get out early tomorrow morning.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Congrats on the new purchase!!! They are great rods, I don't personally own one, but my dad, grandpa, uncle, and a few friends all have them, I have fished with them several times!

I just added a new Sturdy Stick to my arsenal. All these extra rods in the rack, now all I need is some new reels!

Tight lines my friend!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on purchasing a Berkley Glow stick they are great rods, there strong and you should be able to catch you some nice size fish with the rod good luck to you and keep us informed on how it works for you, I know they work pretty good for me.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I've seen em and felt em in action and they are sturdy as anything else. With the way I fish though I wouldn't need the glow feature. I like trying to find my rods in the dark lol.

5. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Think I am going to buy an Abu Blue Cat for it. I'll buy another glowstick for my wife and stick an Okuma Epixor on it.

I know what you mean about finding a rod in the dark. My first river rod was a black Shakespere sturdy stick. That one was hard to find in the dark. Now I only buy white rods.

Can one have too many fishing rod and reel combos? LOL:smile2:

6. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    {NO}one can not have too many rods and reels!!!!!:wink:

7. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    lol I think I would build another garage before I would stop buying rods!:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new glowstick rod. You better hurry and buy one for the wife because she may claim yours.

9. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    lol. the only solution to buying and hoarding rods would be to work less so you can't afford em and fish more with that time. maybe you should try that one. lol:smile2:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    let us know how that thing goes for you.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have had one of these rods for four years and the end eye needs replaced cause the braid line has chewed er up....it has been abused bad thru concrete and gravel...bouncing round in the back of the truck-I have caught 25lb fish on it on a few ocasions and it has always shined-on the glow side I like it but I was never totaley satisfied-would I buy another-yup plannin on it & I am gonna put a penn 209 or 309 on it because they are worthy.....they will give you your moneys worth thats fer sure.

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    How is that rod working for ya? Haven't heard too much report wise....

13. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Kenny just gave me all the report I need in the post above you. Sounds like they can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

Richard

14. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I'm sad to say that I haven't even put a reel on it yet or used it with an old reel. I've been remodeling the kitchen and that's been eating up alot of my time.

I'm overdue for a new reel and a trip to the river to break it in good and proper...if the river ever goes down that is.

15. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks for the report PHIL -

Well atleast you know that it is there waiting for you when you do get the chance to hit the water...

Hope you get that kitchen done soon...

16. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

how did u like that sturdy stik????? im planning on getting one of these along with one of their big saltwater reels for flathead fishing.......

i to fish in a river and the current is nasty......

congrats on the new rod!!! break her in sometime :smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Those sturdy sticks are hard to beat!!! I bought it for snagging spoonbill and it doubled as a cat rod. Plenty of back bone and a cheap price. The only down fall was it was black and hard to see at night. I bought a white one and have decent reels on both. I fish the black one during the day and pull out the white one at night.

I still haven't used the glowstick yet.

one of these days....or nights!:smile2: