Bought a new gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Believer, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Well, actually, I put a new gun on lay a way at Wal-mart.
    I've been eying it for a while & finally took the plunge. I had intended to buy an 870 express, but ended up getting a super mag instead.
    I also got a good deal on a slug barrel on ebay. I can't wait to take it out!:thumbsup:

Eric

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Dued, the 870 is an awesome shotgun.
    I carreid one ,in , uh private security.
    It's a fantastic weapon, if loaded with the right shells.
    Now, the hunting you probably do, it'd be different shell. LOL

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've also have an 870, I love that gun to death, I havent had any problems with it

chris

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have an 870 express that I bought at wal-mart 10 years ago.
    I have shot over 2000 rounds thru that thing and it still a good gun.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Hey Bubbakat, which ship is that on your hat? Were you in the Navy?
    I was on the aircraft carrier, Eisenhower.

Eric

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I got two 870's one in 16 Ga and one in 12 , the 12 was made back in the 50s and I have won a lot of turkey shoots with it, Now most of the turkey shoots let people use turkey choke's and I can't compete with them....That 16 is a new one I bought it about a year or so ago, You bought a good one and it will last you along time,,,,,,

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Id say an 870 is one of the most reliable guns on the market. They are cheap and very reliable. If someone is wanting a low cost gun I would recommend it in a heartbeat that was my first gun, I currently shoot nothing but Benellis but an 870 is a perfect starter gun that can take a beating or just a gun that someone wants around to take years of abuse.

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    THe 870 is a sturdy and reliable gun. I sold tons of them when I worked in that field. I never had anyone complain. Well the 3.5" caused some complaints, but it was recoil not function. lol Put some extra polydent on when you shoot the biguns. :)

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Hope you enjoy it for the rest of your life.I think that Remington makes good shotguns.I allways wanted one,but.I never found one that felt or pointed right for me.Is it the way I am built,(short and fat)or in my head.I don;t know.I do regret it.I know that it is me and not the gun.peewee-williams

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think you got a real nice setup. Ive heard nothing but good about the super mag. That gun will be around for a long long time, enjoy.

11. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sweet gun, i have the 1187 super mag in camo. You will love the gun and they are easy to clean.

12. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sweet gun, I have the 11-87 super mag in camo. Both are great guns and easy to clean.

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Thanks for all the replies!

I just got it off of layaway on Friday, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I wanted to shoot trap on Sat. but the temps were in single digits with sub-zero windchills & no-one wanted to go with me! LOL

I bought a slug barrel for it on e-bay & look forward to killing a deer next year!
    Everyone says i'm really going to enjoy shooting slugs & 3 1/2's through it!!:rolleyes:

Eric

14. Gonzo_Joe

Gonzo_Joe New Member

State:
    Dowling Park, Florida
    You'll really enjoy that super-mag. I've bought my Remington super-mag about 7 years ago, have fed it a steady diet of everything from 2 2/3" #8 to 3 1/2" buckshot, and never once has it had any reliability issues with it. I hope you get the same excellent service out of yours.

15. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    Both of my brother-in-laws own 870s and they have shot about 1000 rounds through them. They are great shooting guns and they have so many extras you can get for them. I hope you enjoy that gun for a long long time.

16. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    hey good to see another man from quincy. You got the best shotgun for the money. They are great guns for the money. They are so easy to take apart and to care for. It'll last for ever.
    Kickin_Wing, Fatfish55, Quincy Fisher, and i will stay in touch, were all going to go fishing sometime soon. We'll all have to go trap shooting too to test out the old gun.

17. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Sorry I missed your question here. That ship is the Arizona. A good friend went to Hawaii this last year and brought that back to me.

I was in the army during my teener of service.:)

18. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    A 870 is hard to go wrong w/ and those 3.5 inchers really fold a turkey.

19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I couldn't take it anymore, I went out and fired a few rounds this afternoon.
    Borrowed 2, 3 1/2's from a buddy & shot them 1st. Then put on the slug barrel & fired some slugs. Neither were nearly as bad as I was expecting. :cool:
    Now I have to go break some clays!

Eric

20. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    awesome gun, have had mine for two years now and have not had a problem with it yet. hunted turkeys, dove, ducks, and geese with all three sizes of shells and love it. still cannot get away from my old winchester model 50 for shooting clays.