Bought a house

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by txthumper1691, Jul 24, 2007.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I am sooooooo stoked right now, this is a lil story of how my life got a change for th better

About 6 weeks ago my wife made an appointment to go to th local Palm Harbor dealer to visit and see what was available. We talked for a while, told them what we wanted an needed. Told them what we could afford, they crunched some numbers, did a lil huntin, and found a house. took a week then we went an looked at it, 10 yr old mobile home on 1/2 acre lot. asking original price was 78,900, then dropped to 76,000, dont know why. th appraisers went out an surveyed th place, they appraised it at over 120,000, I'd say we stole th house. We r expecting to close on th house on th oneth of August.

So wile th lakes are flooded and I cant get on th water anyways, I am gonna be spending my free time cleanin up my back yard, getting my boats ready for th water and also gettin my rigs ready, trot lines, snelled hooks, things of th sort. Will also be doin some honey do's, addin on to th house, 2 more bedrooms, a longer front porch to be made into a playroom for th kids. I'm gonna be busy as a beaver for a while, but it'll be worth it, ya know. When th Tx lakes do come down, I will be looking for a BOC Tx style gathering, till then have a good'n.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wish ya all the best Keith.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Keith,
    Congratulations! Isn't that the best feeling?
    Make sure you put a pole barn even a modest one, on that to-do list.
    I guy has to have his man den...W

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    sounds like you are havin a run of good luck now....congrats on the new home....hope it all works out for ya.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

Man den?
    Make it two story with a complete living quarters upstairs.
    You dont want to miss home when you are staying in your doghouse.

6. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Keith, congrats on the new homestead!

Wish ya the best with it!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keith congrats on the new house. May you enjoy many years there.:big_smile:

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    congrats on the new home

9. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I have plans of extending th already existing carport 21- 24 more feet for my "man-den". it will house all my wood workin tools. Thats th beauty of my wife, she loves th same things as me, all th fishin, campin & hikin. not so much th huntin or trappin. We have only been married a lil over a yr and I have pissed her off something awful..... ONCE, and only once, lol. I do that again, it wont be th dog house, hehe, it'll be "bye-bye". run of good luck, yes, FINALLY!!! For far too many yrs I have sat an watched my siblings and friends get all th good luck, and wondered why cant I have this or that, But I had to quit drinkin an smokin and get married to Denise to have th good luck I have now. God said ok Keith, now u have been in th dumps, seen th hard times, now heres th woman I have selected for you, with her by your side you will have great things, you've earned it. I truly believe she is a GODSEND
    I have been blessed.

10. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Like they say..."good things come to those who wait".Congratulations brotha!!!

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Keith,
    It sounds like you finally saw the writing on the wall and cleaned up your act. Isn't it strange how "luck" changes when you shape up?
    You don't have to be a bad person to have "bad luck" or a good person to have "good luck". I firmly believe we make our own luck to a certain extent but some folks never seem to get a break no matter how hard they try. I'm glad you made it count when it was your turn to get that break. It sounds like you believe you and the Mrs. were meant for each other. If you both work hard at it your "luck" should keep coming.
    I wish you both all the best...W

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    After you get all the honey-do stuff under control, all you now need is 10 kids and a couple of dogs. I guarantee you will fish every day.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck with the new place.

14. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    quote=postbeetle;712038]After you get all the honey-do stuff under control, all you now need is 10 kids and a couple of dogs. I guarantee you will fish every day.[/quote]

I love kids n all, but 4 is th limit :) but after I get th honey-do's done an my garage built, then a dog or 3 will happen.

15. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Well metalman, I guess I worded that wrong. I didnt "have" to quit drinkin an smokin to marry Denise, I chose to give it up cuz I felt I had done it long enough. And it seems everything sorta fell into place after that. After my firts marriage failed I went back to drinkin, HEAVILY, not to drown my sorrows, but to celebrate.......whatever, ya know. not being married, cuz it was Friday or Monday, b-day, he got a new truck, or cuz I was in a good mood an had money to blow. paying child support and trying to go to school an pay rent an all th other bills that come w/that was too much to handle, so I drank to forget sometimes. But thats all over now, and th good Lord has given me a chance to do and be something, so I am gonna take this oppertunity an RUUUN. thanks for all th love y'all, this site RAWKS \m/ \m/

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    'Kieth by GOD lewis" congrats on the new home ,May you have many great memories there

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dang Keith I was going to offer to help you move but thats the same day we are moving.Congrats dosent it just make you feel good to know that all of that hard work has paid off. good luck on your move brother!!smokey

18. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    im glad your life is turning out a lot better keith and i hope it stays that way bro! i'll tell you one thing with kids there is never a dull moment ! and even when you gettothe end of your rope, you realize how close they are to moving out and starting their own lives and you cant help but look back and say, i hope they learned enough to stay out of trouble. :big_smile: butthey better not move back lol :big_smile: