Bottom line

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by shingman6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

South Carolini
    I have a 14 foot boat and want to know if anybody has used the Bottom Line fish finder that is portable and screws on to boat by way of clamp. I need something portable that I can take off of boat. Thanks!
  2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

Shawnee OK

3. merlin6988

merlin6988 Guest

My wife bought me the bottomline fishing buddy 1101 with my boat. I like it, it's pretty darn accurate and I've been able to increase my catches when I follow it as close as possible. Don't mount it next to your motor or you'll get false readings tho.
  4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

South Cent
    I agree, I have one that we use when we are on some of our trips, and rent a smaller jon boat, it works fine and well, I have been mounting it to the front upper side, have a small piece of wood that stays in the bag to help hold it better, but it has worked fine over the years, I mostly just use mine to find structure and depths when we go crappie fishing. I think it is better than the type with the stick on suction cup transducer, the never stay on for me, plus I use my fishn buddy for ice fishing works well with a simple milk crate to mount it on. GOOD Luck!