Bottom bouncers and bait walkers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I wanted to bring this subject back up because I only got 1 reply. I thought alot more people used that rig for drifting. What do you think of them (have u had any luck using them?)

2. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Never tried that way,I rig carolina with a float near the bait.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm sure they would be great for bottom bouncing while drifting; and I've thought about using them, but never got around to making any up. No way am I going to pay $2-$3 for some kind of baitwalker sinker, just to lose it in the rocks.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Erik, I wanted to try them a couple of years ago and what I did was to take some bank sinkers and reform them with a hammer and an anvil. I think I used 2 ounce sinkers and it took longer than I thought it would. You'll need a good hammer I used a 3 pound shop hammer. Anyway I really liked the finished product and I am still using them. They work great for drifting.

ST

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My experience, great in mud, gravel, round rocks, but hang up in cracks of large sharp rocks or concrete, also snag timber on bottom. Ilike to use them in right situations. Iam making some with long legs from examples in library.good luck andcatch ya later.

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I tried them one time in a river and everytime I reeled in my hook and leader was wrapped all up in the bouncer. Maybe I was using them wrong???

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I have used the bottom bouncers on some lakes that varied in depth between 8ft. and 12ft. with mostly mud and sand bottom and they worked well it kept my bait from dragging in the mud and the channel cat seemed to be able to get a better hold of it. I have sense changed to a modified 3 way rig with split shot on the dropper link and a 12/14 inch leader of mono.Berkley Big Game.I use fast tips on my drifting rods and the bottom bouncers seem to be just a little heavy for my likeing, I fofgot to mention I also use a pencil float about 6 inches up ffom my bait to keep the bait up just off the bottom. Bigcatman0816.

8. kill3r843

kill3r843 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    never hread of it