Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Done that with a MRE heater and gator aid bottle.
Done that with dry ice.
Done that with flotation foam too.:laugh1: What a mess that was.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Thanks for the info, hadn't heard of that.

Many years ago at work I accidentally dropped a 50 pound can of caustic soda (sodium hydroxide), also called lye, in a pit of hot water and acid. It turned into a bomb.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Back in my mischief teenager days.. er I mean.. I HEARD once.. that those toilet bowl cleaner bombs can do a number on mailboxes.. lol..

Good warning though, those things can be very dangerous! theres been more than once I've saw someone barely escape serious danger from one of those..

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Kids these days are wusses.
We were packing black powder in Buffrin bottles.

Anyone ever use a powder wedge to split wood?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
we had a rash of the dry ice bottle bombs around here a few years ago, guys were driving by tossing them into their buddies yards as a joke, very loud bang will startle the crap out of you, type thing. then one guy tossed one into his buddies yard,and the four year old kid playing next door in the backyard saw it picked it up and was carrying it when it went off, lost three fingers on one hand and two on the other,plus had soda bottle plastic embeded deep in the arms chest and face, the kid lived, the guy that tossed the bottle immediately assumed the blame and turned himself in as the one who did it.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
the "works" bombs work great...it is a slow reaction its not instant so you have time to place them in the gopher holes and be safe...

this is pretty old news tho as I was told about them from my middle school science teacher...

sometimes you gotta let loose and blow something up on the 4th ya know....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Kids these days are wusses.
We were packing black powder in Buffrin bottles.

Anyone ever use a powder wedge to split wood?
I wouldn't condone it, or would I want to catch my kids doing the things I did as a kid. But I used to have a lot of fun as a kid blowing stuff up with black powder. All you have to do is contain it to make it explosive. I started out using the long wicks from a pack of firecrackers and wrapping the powder tightly in duct tape. Eventually I graduated to using toothpicks to support the medicine bottle full of black powder in a clay mold so I could fill it with concrete. I went as far to use remote control servo's to detonate them remotely. I can remember walking one of them out into the field to set it off, thinking. I hope no-one opens their garage door about now! I quit after I detonated the last one. It left a 3 foot crater in the field and shattered a few windows, and sliding glass doors from the concussion. ATF agents were crawling all over the place! I can't imagine what kind of trouble I would have gotten into now for such stupidity.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Magnizeum, salt peter, and charchole. boom! Change out the charcole for sugar and get smoke. We could buy all the ingredients at out local drug store right off the shelf at ten years old. We sure had fun back then. lol We tried to make our own firecrackers, but the rockets worked best.:pirate:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Magnizeum, salt peter, and charchole. boom! Change out the charcole for sugar and get smoke. We could buy all the ingredients at out local drug store right off the shelf at ten years old. We sure had fun back then. lol We tried to make our own firecrackers, but the rockets worked best.:pirate:
My grandfather had a homemade rocket. It was about 5 foot long, and was made out of 2" pipe. He used to make his own fuel, and I think it was the same ingredients you spoke of. The salt petre was one I know. He used dynamite fuses. Boy, the times sure have changed...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.