Boston Whaler

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Apr 30, 2008.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey i just started this thread cuase i coudln't remember who it was i talked about there boston wahler and he had a pic of his on his profile, i just picked one up for dirt cheap and just like to look at his, thanks alot you can email me and then delete this thread, thatnks alot

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Wanna let me take it off your hands? I know a fellow that guides a little on the side and needs a small boat for personal use since his big boat guzzles gas like it was still 29 cents per gallon! (Brings back memories, don't it!)

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i wonder if we can outfit an 9.9 on my boat? instead of the 70 or maybe i`ll hunt a row boat!

4. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    haha albert, i might see what i can do, if i can keep my dad from trying to steal it from me, he's already been to every whaler site their is

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think I'm the one you're talking about. You might not want to look at mine right now, I've got the seats and what they pass for a stearing console torn out in the process of replacing it. I'm taking my time right now since the water is up so high. I don't like knocking off lower units, lol. Besides, as long as they're running water at the dam, I can catch all I can eat there.

I'm interested in which one you got though and want to welcome you to the whaler club. One things for sure, YOU CAN'T SINK IT! Trust me, I've inadvertently tested that. I got mine dirt cheap too for what they usually sell for. I can't wait to get it back together and get off of the bank. I'm glad mine has the 60hp, I can afford to keep it fed once in awhile.

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah it's you, i remember now, anyways i had my mechanic working on my carbs on my catfish boat, and i just so happend to look around in his boat yard in the back, and i seen this whaler, so i ask him what he wanted for it, he said oh for the whole thing boat and trailor console and gas tank, i guess ill take 150 bucks so i loaded her up after a look through, in excellent condition not a dink dent, repair or scratch anywhere on the whole entire boat, and to top it off the center console and gas tank, is a custom made allweld aluminum, which isn't original but it's self it's worth quite a bit of money, anyways it's a 1974 currituck 17ft6, i sent a email to a guy from whaler, i gave him my hull id number and he tracked it down from the plant it was made in rockland, Mass, and delivered to boatworld in houston, tx, pretty neat i'll send you a pic, anywas talk to ya later, send me some more of yours, also, year?Make?, thanks alot

7. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    Albert, by the way i read your article, in the IN-FISHERMAN 2008 GUIDE CATFISH IN-SIDER, good job bud, congrats on the article

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Matt, sounds like you stumbled on a once in a lifetime deal! It was much better than mine. Mine is a 1977 16ft with a 1994 60hp Johnson with only 150 hours. I had to give 2500.00, but since the motor was worth that much or more, I thought I got a good deal. I was pricing them and the same set up was selling in the classifieds for 7-8000.00. I'd still give you your money back on that deal though, LOL.

I'm guessing your boat will probably be rated for around a 90hp or a little more. Mine is rated for a 70 and with me and a 300lb buddie will get 36mph out of the 60hp. That's plenty fast for me.

I'll send you some pics too as I get things going on it. I got an aluminum side console for mine and it's already got two fisning seats, fore and aft. I'm adding a couple riding seats on the seat board and have put a new 40lb thrust trolling motor on the front. Keep in mind, that the boat is very heavy. If you use a trolling motor on the front, any wind over 10mph will be hard to push it. My 30lb motor wouldn't hardly move it in any wind.

The main thing I'm fixing right now is that my 5 year old son somehow found a can of flat black spray paint, the boat is white! The brake cleaner is taking it off easy enough, but it took the letters off too, LOL. Oh well, now I can put the reflective ones on it.

9. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well, Vince, i only know how to send pics through email, if i knew how to do it on here i would, just not sure how to do so, if yo know how let me know

10. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Thanks... It's kinda nice when an editor calls me up on the phone and asks for an article... Makes me blush!:embarassed:

11. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    right on, i only one day wish i might have the same kind of knowledge that would interest the same of people, huge acomplishment in my books

12. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Ain't got a thing to do with knowledge... They just wanna know how I managed to live this long...:smile2: