Born and Raised

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by lforet2002, Jun 25, 2009.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was born and raised in South Louisiana..I moved to Tennessee after Katrina..And of all my years down in Louisiana,bout 30 years,I have never caught a flathead down there much less seen one..My grandfather was a commercial fisherman and I don't recall him ever catching one either..My family is from Westwego so we did a lot of fishing out that way..I caught my first flatty up here in Tennessee about a year ago and it hit me,why I never caught a flatty back home in all my life..So anyways what I wanted to know is where do you guys catch flatties at down der in da bayou??

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i think this is the only place in the country that calls flatheads by another name. u hardly ever hear someone say "i caught a flathead". its " look at this Op i got". OPELOUSAS catfish babay'. u know what that is, being for cajun country u know what an OP is yeah? yeah man we gottum we just call um somethin else. they all over this here land we got from the french here a while back.lol. day call it sportsmans paridise no.

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Bro !!!!

Can you do that ""Zediko:""" dancein !!!! LMAO :smile2:

is that the way you spell it, sure sounds good any way !!!!!!!

cliff

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i LOVE ZYDECO ahhheeee!

5. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    LMAO """"""""""":cool2:

cliff

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i,ll bring a Cd with me of some goood stuff, to pend.

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know thats what they call them down there I just never caught one down there..I know they go great in a courtboullion...Yeah I remember when I first moved up here I asked a guy where I can catch some sac au lait and he looked at me like sac a whaaaa...I was trying to think of another word for them and for the life of me couldn't come up with it was a crappie..Finally after describing the fish he said ohhhhh a crappie..