Bootlace sinkers

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by tomcat85, Feb 23, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Ive heard a lot about these things i was wondering if anyone made them at all on here? tips would be great! thanks!

2. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I Never heard of them ,Tom. what do they look like? I Make No Rolls, Dip Bait Worms & some other stuff but never heard of those.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    well from what i hear they are made out of a bootlace stuffed with bb's from a shotgun shell then they re melted shut on either end and used i guess they go through weeds and rock really well.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I know someone has to make these one here lol! If you do help me out please!:lol:

5. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Sounds like a great use of materials.. as far as using in the rocks is its length that keeps it from getting hung up? it seems to me being really narrow would put it at a disadvantage. Would have to see/use one to be sure though. Ill try almost anything to be better ea fishing

dru

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I saw something similiar at dicks called a no snag sinker. It was soft rubber with something like bb's in them, but they were expensive. I think they were like 3-4 bucks for 2.

7. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Tom
    I believe BOC has the recipe for what your looking for in the library. As I remember they are using clear plastic tubing, or parachute cord which is hollow, and sling shot ammo as the filler, hot glueing a swivel on the end. They resemble the popular new no snag sinkers. I have been meaning to do some myself. Luck

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tom,
    If you go to the BOC Library,and scroll down to sinkers,I think what you're looking for is listed under the title "Sinkers You Can Make At Home". Hope this helps! BTW, how's your dog doing?
    Glenn

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks for the tips guys! my dogs doing a lot better hes not a nuts anymore i guess hes growing up. Hes a blast to play with lol!

10. Muddler

Muddler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've made what I believe you are talking about. I use parachute cord. You just cut a length, pull the center out, tie the end, stuff with shot, then melt/tie the top end.

They are great for smaller rivers with lots of rocks and snags and stuff, but a three ounce sinker would look like you caught a snake!