Boone, Iowa IMCA SUPERNATIONALS

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Catfish_Calvin, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Anyone going up there for the week? Were gonna listen to it on the internet the first few days then head up Friday morning. Cant wait!!!!!

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Calvin, i used to go there every fall with my brother and a friend. just a great show. we usually went for the last 3 days. the first time we went i saw 92 races in 3 days. a real shot in the arm for a racing junkie.

the friend we went with was a man named arlie anderson. his nickname in these parts was "Mr. Enduro"....he won a ton of money and races in the 150 to 500 lap enduro races that were popular around a few years back.

he died of cancer and i kept the 3 reserved tickets i had for us. i paid for them and asked the track to give them to someone they believed wouldn't be able to go to the races otherwise. the only stipulation i asked for was that they be given as "Arlie Anderson Memorial Seats". i did that for several years and got some very heartwarming thanks from fans that got them.

the indy style 33 car field that starts the last feature 3 wide is thrilling indeed. some REAL entertainment for the money.

oh yeah, hearing "walking after midnight", at midnight, crowd participation with "ymca" and "macarena" is pretty funny.

one year they actually stopped a race at midnight so they could play that song...:smile2:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009

3. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Thats awesome! Thats a really cool thing to do with the reserved seats. Ive been there the last 3 years and plan to go til I die! Last year there ended up being 857 cars. This year they expect over 900!

6 days. 6 divisions. 4000 laps. 800+ cars. 400 races. Quarter Million dollars. Cant wait! Heading up Thursday.