Booby trapped in my own backyard !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by SangamonCatKiller, Mar 4, 2008.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Omg, guys.. I went to look at my spots as i do every winter and check to see what kind of new timber has fallen in. On my way down the path, a nail decided it wanted to greet my foot. I shook it off as some kind of natural vegitation, like a large thorn or something. Besides it is close to a place where some garbage can be found on your way in. Then I heard my friend behind me "Oooo !@#$@@!" he had obviously found the same object as I on his way in behind me. We cursed about it for a few, and procedeed in. After checking our locations we decided to see if we could find what had stuck us on our way in as it had happened in the same general area. Well we ended up finding a large board, littered with ten penny nails wedged in between two trees and buried under some brush. I am curious, would you guys seek some payback? I think I know who it was because there is only one other group of people that I have ever seen in the area. I removed the board, now im just curious as to who's --- I should stick it in? Please help!!! :)

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Could it be they were after a four wheeler or ATV. Surely they didn't want to get someone walking.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thats what i was thinking doyle

4. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    If you want to get them back rig a balloon filled with india ink and water tied just above normal level of vision between two trees on trail then rig a trip wire to expload the balloon at right moment. It will mark the likely culprit but not injure an innocent .

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    revenge is mine sayeth the lord..... well someone can be his means of revenge cant they?? not that I'd ever condone such acts (wink wink)

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Be very careful, sounds like someone may be planting a "garden" back there.

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think you hit the nail on the head griz.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's a bummer, man! Y'all may want to consider a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in a while. Rusty nails could bring it on you.
    BB in SC

9. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    I think it may be a bit early for a garden but who knows, they may have genetically inbred some winter wheat traits into some of that Peoria thunder weed.:smile2:

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks for bringing that up. Every 7 years I believe.

11. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Maybe it's because I'm such a steady customer, but the ER sticks me every time that I get wounded. As far as payback goes, it feels good for a little while, but I end up wishin' I hadn't done it. Just my opinion, but don't lower yourself to their level.

12. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Well if i had proof that the person in question did it i would at the very least confront him on that. Next time it could be in another spot and you could ruin four tires on a quad just cuz some punk wants to fool around.

13. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    That was my first thought. I am a little worried about it. Cuz I know they will do plenty to protect such a "garden"

14. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    The board had definitely been there for a while. Wasn't recently stuck there. I support the garden theory . Although I have seen a guy on an atv riding trails back in there........

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It might have been put there by the landowner to stop people from riding 4- wheelers. It might also be that someone is preparing a "Secret Garden" spot. Either way be careful. People seem to be willing to do anything these days. It's a CRAZY world and there are plenty of CRAZY people out there.:eek:oooh:

16. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I would say remember where it is and go around it. No telling what is going on and why someone put it there but if you are just trying to hit your fishing holes then go around it and go fish.

17. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats pretty screwed up if somebody set that out there for you!!!

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know the laws in your state but federal law says 30 years for boobie traping and thats with out the possibility of parol.call the law

19. bullheadslayer

bullheadslayer New Member

State:
    ohio
  20. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Move the board about 15 to 20 ft down the path and maybe it will get the person or people that set it out.