Bonnie Dam - Waltonville Dam

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jun 28, 2007.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Anyway of getting directions to these spots . I will be coming from nashville through ashley or off 64 at woodlawn exit .

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    from woodlawn exit to waltonville dam. turn right off the exit toward woodlawn. drive through wood lawn and you will come to highway 15. there will be a shell station on your right. turn right, cross the tracks, and make your first left. this will be a country road. take it about 4 miles and youll be in waltonville. keep going through waltonville until you reach the third stopsign, a four way stop with a highway, you will see a car shop on your left across the road, and a pond straight ahead and to the right. turn left and you will come to 148 almost instantly keep straight through the stop sign and you will be leaving waltonville heading east. you will go around two curves and then a straightaway. you are looking for the first road on the right. it is either called mine 21 or mine 24 road(if you go over the big muddy river, you've gone to far). take this road down about 2 miles. you will drive through a coal mine and there is a big gobpile on your left. there is a big sign for the waltonville dam on the left. this is an excellent spot for jugfishing as the dam and the railroad tracks sorta box up the area and there is a creek channel running through the middle.
    for the bonnie dam, use the same directions, but go over the big-muddy river on 148 there will be a road on your right and a sign for nason. go right and keep going. before you hit nason there will be a small road called bonnie road that crosses the road your on. turn left and go about 3 miles and youll go over some water. look for the sign for the bonnie dam when you get across the water. it will be a right turn.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    T hank alot bigmuddy . Ima give it a go . Soon as rain stops .