Bonnie Dam / Rend Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lord_zainan, May 21, 2007.

1. lord_zainan

lord_zainan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just got back from a morning of fishing Bonnie Damn. The cats have finally started coming back up to the rip-rap. Caught 12 channels and two flats in about three hours. The channels were between 4# to 8# and the flats were both about 20#. May have been the same one. Anyway, they are starting to bite.

2. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just wondering what is best bait to use there for them i am planning a trip in a week or so to do some fishing. Any info would be helpfull thanks Paul

3. lord_zainan

lord_zainan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They are hitting just about everything. I have been using chicken liver on one line and Hog Wild stinkbait on the other with about the same success rate on both. Some of the others out there were using cut shad, doughbait, and one little booger (about six maybe) out with his dad caught a 5 to 6 pound channel using hot-dogs.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the update. Good to know.:lol::smile2:

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    shouldnt the waltonville dam be the same way? i was out there last night and didnt catch squat using livecut shad heads and live shad. guess ill try the bonnie dam this evening..

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would really like one of my kids to catch one of those 20 pound flats...I think they would just crap in there pants.....:lol:

I am going to go down there this weekend of 6/1/07 - 6/3/07
    I will take pictures of every fish we catch and post when we get home...Also let ya know how the fishing is going from my prospective....
    going to try put out a few jug lines and may even put out a troutline... in the evening but during the early morning I would like to put the kids on a big Flat if I could...Going to do my Best to get'em one...

Big Muddy look forward to seeing you there.....

7. Albert7

Albert7 New Member

State:
    Chster,Illinois.
    It's nice to hear when the cat's are movin' or bighting,where ever it is.Thanks for keeping us updated!

8. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello Brother fisherman,
    I am from Effingham,IL and enjoy catfishing very much...I would like to fish with ya sometime if you are ever interested...I have never river fished before but would love a lesson...I have a 16ft Sea Nymph with a small 25hrsp. EVEN that seats 4 if you want sometime to take me river fishing we could use my boat ...Just tell me when and where to pick you up...:wink: