Bonnaroo? Barnaroo?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flaboy, Jun 10, 2007.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Coming thru Manchester Tenn. this am I saw a sign about Bonnaroo?
    Barnaroo might be one of those Big rats from down under raised in a barn.
    Anybody got no ideas?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That is a big music concert they have every year and thousands come to it. It features lots of different performers from the rock groups and traffic is murder while it is going on. we always have plenty of arrests going on at that time. to me its a nightmare.
    I just live 22 miles from there.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bonnaroo sounds like a blast to me as long as I'm not getting arrested! LOL!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Willard! Somethin tells me that you ain't tellin the whole story. LOL! I can see you down there now in your tie dyed "T" shirt doin the hucklebuck with the young birds. LOL!

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    BG from the smell after about two days there is nothing there I would do the Hucklebuck with:tounge_out:

What bothers me about the whole deal that there is a tremendous amount of drugs brought in to our state thru this shabang.
    I don't mind the drinking or smell and fights but the drugs I do mind. There has been two deaths and nurmous people in the local hospitals from drugs and I can't see where that is fun.

BG you need to come down some year and we will attend this gathering,:lol:

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Y"all stay home!Bonnaroo is for "WOODSTOCK" wantabees.Tennessee is for Country Music and Catfishin!! The only good thing About it is that it always rains, and Mid Tennessee really need rain!! LOL see ya on the river!smokey

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's a Huge Concert Venue. Everything From Dierks Bentley to The Police and Ziggy Marley to TOOL.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Willard, I can just see it now. You deputizing Big G and you two knockin some drug heads. LOL

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well Jim I don't have that kind of authority but I bet I could turn the other way when he went to swinging.:big_smile:

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    There's a few of those bands I sure wouldn't mind seeing.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Lionel,

That is a HUGE musical festival that costs a small fortune to get into, unless you purchased tickets when they began selling them, or you find someone there that wants to just recoop their $ and not make money.

I know quite a few people who go every year, and a few that are going this year for the first time. They have a blast. I'm not sure who is playing there this year, but I bet you can find that out by looking Bonnaroo up on the net............
    Large crowds like that are not for me, anymore.

Hope that helps!

Cheryl

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Willard,

I would make an exception and go, if at all possible with you and yours, next year, just to have some laughs!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well.

This thread is hilarious and BG, I LOVE the new AVATAR. Is that a 'beauty' shot?????????? LMAO

Take care.
    Cheryl

13. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    My parents live in Grundy county near Manchester where the festivle is held and can hear the music from the back porch. My brother used his 4-wheeler to ferry people to and from their cars and made a small fortune at doin it a few years ago. The festivle has no interest for me, I would rather be out on the water.

14. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Along with all the "druggies" there are also some solid bluegrass and country acts that show up and blow the lid of the place...Ol Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys will be there along with Junior Brown, amongst others.

But I won't be at the festival...I would also rather be on the water. ;) But you get about 100,000 hippies standing upstream from you, it's almost like chum for those big whiskers. :bad_smelly: Plus you don't have to change the oil in your lower unit for another year. :lol:

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    come on guys they aint real hippies if they was id be there instead of fishing.old hippies never die we just stray away.

16. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    It"s a relly good festival. All kinds of music, from country to rock bands, even some new style bluegrass. Lot's of fun!

17. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    sounds like I just need to head for LA or Seattle that weekend! Nothin like country/bluegrass but I got satellite radio and no crowds!
    sounds somethin like they had down in floridy sometime back, they called it lappylooser or somethin thereabouts! I missed it too!
    an I say thankee Lord I missed it.