Bone Creek Reservoir Fishing Report Thead

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tulcat, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Bone Creek Reservoir
    540 acres

Arma, KS (just north of Pittsburg, KS)
    4 miles N, 2 miles W of Arma

Channel Cat Creel Limit - 5, Minimum length 15"

Spring Fishing Report for Channels: Try worms, live bait, liver, shad sides, or cut bait. The fish feeders are off until mid-April. KDWP fish samplings have shown that there is an excellent channel catfish fishery. Many 2-5 pound fish are available.

There are 2 boats ramps, and several places for bank fishing including handicap accessible.

Attached Files:

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well it will probably still be a month or so before I start fishing Bone with Pittscat90 and other family, but I wanted to get a head start on getting a thread going. Bone Creek is by far my favorite place to catch a bunch of eater channels, as the water source is as clean and pollution free as you can get.

And it shows in the quality of the meat.

3. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I shot at the gun club there a few months ago. Didnt know there was a lake there though. I spend most of my time there at Pitt so it'd be a convenient place to fish. Need to try it some time.

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I'm thinking about fishing Bone Creek this weekend... anyone been out there recently?

5. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I've always thought that all the strip mining for coal in the area had probably ruined the water table years ago. A friend of mine went to Pittsburg State in the late 60's-early 70's and was a member of the scuba club. He's got some interesting stories about what's been dumped in those old strip pits.

6. turbinemanic

turbinemanic New Member

State:
    Arma Kansas
    Bone creek is really low the catfishing is starting to come around. Out a couple nites ago with the wife and got a 101/2 pound channels. Smaller one on prepared baits. But I prefer blue gill and perch both cut and live for the bigger ones. Only fishing it at nite.

7. Pittscat90

Pittscat90 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg
    How deep was it when you caught the channel cats because me and my uncle were out a few weeks ago and didn't catch a thing. Not even our bait was touched.

8. turbinemanic

turbinemanic New Member

State:
    Arma Kansas
    Not sure how deep it was fishing the bottom about 300 ft. west of the Rocky point feeder. Using a live blue gill about 4 inches long. Seemed to me they might be coming off spawn because the fish was alot bigger than he weighed. There no belly to him at all. Son has been caughting smaller channel on prepared bait Catfish Charlie shad. Only fishing it in the late evening and early night. It down so much seems to me like at least 8ft. but the web site say's it's only down 3.:big_smile:

9. Pittscat90

Pittscat90 New Member

State:
    Pittsburg
    Cool. Thanks for the information, hopefully next time I go fishing out at bone I can actually have my bait touched.