Bonds trying to = The Babe

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by HARVRAD2003, May 15, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    It seems with all the crack down on the players taking steroids that it has hurt Bonds--kind of funny he's not able to hit much anymore even when they do pitch to him + I'm sure he's went easy on the roids since it was outlawed bringing his homeruns down alot over the last couple years. It would set just fine with me if he quit now and retired, it's terrible that a man like him will possibly be the homerun king one day.

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Amen Bro, the BABE and HANK will always be on top. Now if lets say someone with the spirit of a team player say ALBERT PUJOLS one day broke the record without the help of steroids then to me that would be great, I know there are alot of other power hitters out there such as A-ROD which I haven't heard any bad stuff about that also would be a good one to have the opportunity on breaking the record. Bonds is selfish player, only out to bring attention to himself and not necessarily help his teammates or do what needs to be done to help his team.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    as Far As I'm Concerned Bonds Will Never Break The Homerun Record. He Hasn't In The Past And Won't In The Future. Never Did Like The Guy And Never Will. All He Is Doing Is Hurting His Team Mates And Making A Bigger Fool Out Of Baseball.
    he'd Be Better Off If He Would Just Disapear.and Forget Baseball. I Know This Can Be A Heated Disscusion.boo On Bond!

4. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Guys I look at it like this. Bonds is twice the size Aaron was and he still hasn't hit as many home runs. You also have to realize Aaron was playing when there were 10-15 less games per regular season so he was hitting more homers per game than Bonds has. If Aaron had the seasons we have now, add about 200-300 more games and how many homers could he have hit then? Aaron WAS the athlete that Bonds will never be.

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    hank aaron is the man and albert is worthy of being a honest contender
    to compete with the HR record i hope A-ROD is too .

pujols is a great athlete and seems to be a great family man.
    i hope only the best for him.:cool2:

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sad as it is, Bonds will break the Babe's record, but I don't see him breaking Aaron's record. He doesn't have enough "juice" left in him. :big_smile:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Barry Bonds ain't fit to wash the Babe's jock strap!

8. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now thats funny! :lol:

D

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The Babe hit all his home run off beer,women, and huge cigars. There were no steroids in any of his beers. Maybe in some of his women but not the beer!!!:tounge_out:

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Just to play devils advocate............Were the pitchers "Babe" faced on steroids. Apples to apples please.

11. Mr. Whiskers

Mr. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Guys threw 95 mph back in the day when Ruth was playing, it's not like steroids are making pitchers throw 110 mph and Bonds has it so rough.

In my eyes, Bonds is a joke. He's a great ball player. I got to see him start out her in Pittsburgh. Granted I also watched him choke in the playoffs and watched him fail to throw out Sid Bream, who was rounding 3rd with two gimp knees and a prostetic foot, but that's besides the point. The sad truth is, Bonds cheated. He may not of been caught, but everyone else who was implicated has pretty much admitted it. Except Bonds. In this country you're still innocent until proven guilty, but all the bulk he's added sort of implicates him in my eyes.

And honestly, what's he about to do? Tie for second? Who cares. He's not going to be the last person to pass Ruth. Rodriguez, Pujols, and possibly even Griffey could end up passing him. Although Griffey is hurt way too often.

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Bonds is a joke, so is Sosa, McGuire, Palmarro and Bagwell.

Don't blame the player, blame the powers that be in baseball. The owners were quick to jump on players taking drugs that were detrimental to performance(coke, alcohol) but turned their eye's as a whole to performance enhancing drugs. Baseball turned it's back on the problem when Sosa and McGuire were "saving" the game a few years back...........take a look at a McGuire rookie card, he's had his fill of juice!!

Bonds faces 3-4 pitchers a game throwing 90-95 mph, 3-4 different pitching approaches. In Babes day A pitcher went from start to finish, wonder if he was still throwing 95 in the 9th. Specialized pitching make it a whole lot harder on Bonds than it ever was for Babe.

I hate Bonds, but don't point a finger at him unless your ready to destroy the rest of the cheaters.............you do that and you won't have a game anymore!!

13. Mr. Whiskers

Mr. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Couldn't agree more. You can add Sheffield and Giambi to that list. I have zero respect for those guys. I do disagree with the statement about taking out all cheaters would leave no one in the game. There are plenty of players out there, Jeter, Rodriquez, Ortiz, Ramierez, Griffey, Pujols etc that are carrying the game in my opinion since the steriod story broke.

I do agree that baseball dropped the ball on this from the getgo and they did turn a blind eye during the home run chase. I guess they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it.

As for the "specialization" in the game. All that leads to is players who shouldn't be in the league now have a space. I don't buy that argument. Last night I watched Josh Beckett still throwing 97 in the 7th inning. I've seen Schilling toss 95 in the 9th. Randy Johnson, Roy Halladay, these guys all still bring gas in the late innings. Not their fault the game has evolved into a cautious sport. I loved the fact last season that Jack McKeon in Florida led the league in complete games. A grown mans arm isn't going to fall off after 120 pitches.

14. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bonds needs to hang up his cleats. He will never receive the recognition without an asterisk beside his name.

15. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    " A grown mans arm isn't going to fall off after 120 pitches."

Tell that to all the "Tom Johns" guys or those that throw their arms out after a couple years(the bird).

So middle relievers and closers are just scrubs that they made a niche for? Please, I haven't heard the Players union saying each team MUST carry 3 long relievers 2 setup men and a couple of closers. It's no different than situational hitters, those NL players that get to bat every 10th game,hehe.

"would all players who have ever taken a preformance enhancing drug please leave the field"...............how many would be left?? Multi-million dollar contracts demand an edge, baseball has been a cheaters sport since day one.........corked bats and spitball(of course, that will get you in the Hall), gambling..........pick your poison.

Bonds is not much different than the other 75% of the cheaters out there, only he's an ass and is about to beat the beloved Babe.