Bonds hits 715... what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jlingle, May 29, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Does anybody really give a flip that Barry Bonds just moved into 2nd place on the all time HR record list? They are covering this in the news like it's a major shock. I mean come on.... there are probably 5 or 6 dozen guys in the major leagues who could do this, --- if they were juiced up on steroids the way Bonds is!!!!! I think it's really sad that Bonds will go down in history as one of baseball's greats. I think he's a sorry cheater, and if he ever tests positive he should be given the boot and a good ol' one finger salute. Bonds just broke the record of a man, Babe Ruth, who hit 714 homers back when they only had 100 game seasons. That's amazing. Babe Ruth was the home run king if you ask me. Bonds is the best hitter that modern medicine can create.

Jerrod

2. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I said it in another thread when he had some other milestone.
    "WHO GIVES A RATS A$$!" LOL!

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Bonds?....Who is Bonds?:confused2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I remember the slogan, "BUY BONDS"

6. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I'm not a baseball fanatic by no means, but I still enjoy it, and I think it's a shame to see a man so surrounded by controversy and drugs to take a title like that and to see people try to compare him to someone that was a real sports hero when the game was pure. Bonds could never be a legend, much less half the athlete Ruth was.

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I think it stinks.

8. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I say ok he broke the record but I think whatever record has been broken by him Albert Pujols will break last time I checked I think he was on pace to break the home runs in one season

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey from what I've read, Ruth wasn't a gentleman. For many a year our kids have recieved chemical help for their health. We give them vitimins, growth homones if they're too small, super enriched foods, and Doctors are continually providing assistance this generation and the next. Kids are bigger, stronger, taller each generation. Is that cheating. I don't think so. Good for Bonds. May the next kid will hit twice as many as Ruth.:big_smile:

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It's a shame that we have changed to a society of guilty until proven innocent. I am guilty too. I think it is a shame that regardless of the suspicion, ok we all know it, of steroid use, that Bonds is a lonely man. I am also relatively certain that Big Mac and Sosa used as well. Why? Because society, and parents demand that kind of performance from their kids.

Go Albert Pujols

11. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    jlingle,

You are right, humans are getting larger, and have many more ways to excel in their given sport. But when you consider that Ruth did his HR hitting without the benefit of steroids, and every other advantage of modern baseball, there is no way Bonds would hit anywhere near the number if he had to do them under the same conditions that Ruth did it. Ruth played during the period of the "dead ball" era, and was so far above any other player, it really is shocking to see just how good of a hitter he was.

And, look at their HR ratio, Bonds has been up 3 to 4 thousand more times than Ruth. Can you image how many Ruth would have had with the same number of at bats?

Bonds is a cheat, and it is a shame he was able to pass Ruth.

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Bonds SO He's In Baseball Big Deal. Can He Catch Big Old Cats Like We Do If Not Well Lets Just Forget About Bonds And Talk Catfishing

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Gentleman or not, he did it naturaly(without the help of modern medicine) and he did it in a shorter game span!!! I think BB should be ousted from the sport and his name never mentioned again. Drugs are not the way to go. Furthermore, we have kids that look up to these so-called sports heros and it is a shame, the examples that they are setting for our youth.

PS I think that BB should be stripped of any record he has set and banished!!!

14. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I agree 100% with you on that one JW, and if he ever trys to join the BOC ,tell him Bull****. We don"t want him.........hu, Better still send him down here and I'll tell him...........steve.

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Bonds is the best hitter that modern medicine can create.

Jerrod[/quote]

:eek:oooh: Bonds is guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Last I heard he was just under investigation!!!! Ya, Know..innocet till proven guilty thing is a ringer in my ear. :roll_eyes:. They has accomplished an amazing feat, dont take that away by stacking the odds against him. If hes guilty, then he is, but he will still be remembered in Baseball as the man that Passed the Babe. Oh and Bath Ruth was no damn angel, not by a long shot. Thank GOD he hit homeruns, otherwise there was no way he could've made around the bases.

16. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Barry Broke The "Babes" Record Today. Congrats Barry. I Know Alot Of Steroid Using Weight Lifters That Can't Even Hit A Baseball, Let's Not Take Away A Man's Ability To Knock A Ball A Country Mile.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Prefomance inhancing drugs is how he did it and in my eye he didn't do squat.
    Cheaters never win and real winners never cheat!!!

18. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think that it is a real sad day for baseball for the major league to even count his record. It is nothing but a joke. Come on now anyone juiced up on roids can go out there and do what he has done. This leaves a big black mark on MLB.

19. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm not a big baseball fan, but frankly, I don't see the big deal. Hank Aaron ended his career with 755 homeruns which far exceeds both Babe Ruth and Bonds. All this hubbub over Bonds breaking Babe Ruth's record seems pretty silly when you put it in perspective....just my opinion.

20. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm sorry, but in the real world that just isn't so:sad_2a: