Bomar and Quinn aren't done yet!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Gibbzilla, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    They've both declared that they'll enroll at the University of Houston. It was published in the Houston Chronicle I believe yesterday. OU could eventually be talkin about "the one that got away."

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sorry, but with their mentality, they didn't get away. They got FIRED!

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

OU has no room for those that are self-centered and not team players, let alone a QB that is not a leader.

Good-Bye, Good-Riddance, and have fun playing in the CFL if you are lucky due to your sub-par coaching/conditioning and non-exposure to NFL scouts.

4. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas

OU doesn't have room for self-centered players? Your running back is Adrian Peterson.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    School is still out on Peterson. He may be better than Simms, or Owens, or even mighty Q. One thing about him though is that he sure did earn the enemity of Texans by choosing OU.

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Please explain to me why AD is self-centered, and not a team player?

I anxiously await your citing of examples.

7. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    He went to high school in the same district I go to. I remember he wouldn't even stand with his teammates, and whenever he was tackled he would throw a temper tantrum until someone peeled him off the turf. He even talked about going straight to the NFL from high school. Oh yeah, he's a sharp one alright.

8. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Hows this:

DANIEL MOGOLLON, The SportsMaster – A couple of years ago, Cedric Benson said he’d rather win the Hesiman than win the Red River Shootout. If I asked you that question, what would you rather do? Beat Texas again or take home the Heisman?

PETERSON – Absolutely beat Texas. I don’t even have to think about that.

LENN ROBBINS, New York Post - You were asked before about whether you’d rather win the Heisman or win the Red River Shootout. I’m going to up the ante a little. If you had your choice between winning a National Championship and winning a Heisman, which would you choose and why?

PETERSON – National Championshp. No doubt. As far as the reason why, you go through your workouts with all these guys, you go through your workouts out there sweatin’ blood, tears sometimes out there to get ready for this, Big 12 first then National Championship. It’s the whole team aspect, teamwork, there’s no I in team. But without offensive linemen, I can’t do what I do. Whitout the offensive linemen and quarterback, you can’t get it done. Winning the National Championship is the goal that we set as a team, and as a team, that’s what matters. So no doubt, winning a National Championship is what I’d pick.

http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/543574.html

I will await your examples...and please do not run off and hide.

9. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

That is one heck of a source :lol: Do you have any bridges to sell with that source?

Do you have anything that is verifible, or since he has became a Sooner?

I'm not talking about high school boy dreams, I'm talking Sooners.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

sounds like sour grapes, Adrian :lol:
    enjoy the win last year that texas had over OU...it might be the last one for a looong time:big_smile:

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

they're done at OU, adrian....at least Stoops has a little integrity

12. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Sometimes my spacebar submits my post. Weird.

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Adrian, you're obviously a sooner hater. Who cares. I don't like Texas, but I rooted for 'em against USC. They're from the big 12, so I rooted for 'em. I'm glad AD decided to come to OU, and if your precious longhorns had played worth a crap on his recruiting trip to watch the TU/OU game, he'd probably be a longhorn. It's not our fault that you guys have been manhandled in the red river series.

Bomar will never be considered the one that got away, he'll be considered a disapointment from day one. He refused to grow up, which was disappointing, and he refused to behave like the leader that his position required. He also firmly believed that he was above the rules, which was disappointing, so now he's gonna play at a sub-par school and get his a$$ kicked by schools that he would be crushing if he were still playing for OU.

Good riddance. I'm glad Stoops booted those 2 morons. Adios pandejos!!!!

14. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Where in the heck did everyone get the idea that I like UT? I'm a 'Horn hater. I prefer to root for lower prestige schools, that actually have to work for their recruits, rather than spend several million $.

15. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I am still waiting on your verifible examples why AD (as a Sooner) is self-centered, and not a team player.

Or did you just misspeak?

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Adrian, guess its because you list your location as East Texas. Only thing I know about that is Toledo Bend. LOL. Oh, and the Apache Bells. Can't forget the bells. It seems as an OU fan, anytime we get a response from a Texan it is negative. SO, we are probably paranoid. Glad to see your not a horn fan. Actually, I don't mind Texans, I just like to poke a little fun at them...long as it is not in person....I'm too little to get hit. LOL