Boltz Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kybunniebuster, Mar 19, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    anyone ever fish boltz lake in grant county ? had a writeup on it in the local paper today that said it was the #1 lake for catfish in ky for the 2006 season then i read about it on the ky dept. fish and wildlife site and it says they are doing a study on blue cats in the lake and fish over 30 inches are common its just a 90 acre lake with a 10 hp limit on it , i think im gonna look into fishing this small lake very soon if they will let me put my boat in with a 80 hp motor as long as i dont use it just the trolling motor was just wondering if anyone else ever fished it

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive fished it a few times we caught some pretty nice channels up to 6 or 7 lbs. Its been 5 years or so since Ive been on it. Not sure about the blues but Ive read some interesting stuff about the stocking. They do let you put your boat in the lake & cruise around with your trolling motor. Good Luck! & give us a report if you go!....Abu65

3. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    I have not fished it lately but I called a few buddies and they say that the lake has big cats in it. They fished the dam area last fall and said they caught 10 blues in about three hours, nothing huge but nice 8-14 lb fish.

4. Whiskers33

Whiskers33 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to fish it all the time with my cousin. In the summer, fish with a bobber along the cattails in 6-10' of water at night chickey livers. You'll have plenty of channel cats for a fish fry by morning. I've always heard that it's the cleanest body of water in the state.