Boise St vs Oregon

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by CatMan(Cali), Sep 3, 2009.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Maybe not the place, but I love college football too and don't see a place for it. Just curious if anybody has any thoughts on this game. It is on 2nite about 7:00 or 7:30 pacific time so I'm sure you east coast guys may miss this one. It should be a good one @ the blue "smurf turf". Boise St is ranked 14th and Oregon is 16th. Should be a good one with BCS implications to kick off the season. Chime in, even if it's to say you don't give a rats ass.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well, I can't truly say I have fond feelings for either Boise State or Oregon for some reason. Guess they both riled me in different ways. Hopefully Boise State will not be using PAC-10 officials, and Oregon will be prepared for trick plays. sigh

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I will have to go with the Quack attack, as i am also a lover of college football

4. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    What a game. I thought it would have been more competitive. Boise's defense absolutely dominated a very dangerous Oregon offense. That running back(Blount) for Oregon punched a Boise player in the face after the game and absolutely laid that Boise player on his back. Blount should be done with his college career after that. Not a good way to kick off the season for the Ducks. You get held to 8 points by Boise and then loose your best running back(after he said "we owe that team an ass-whoopin"). As for Boise you couldn't have scripted it better. Start off the season with a victory over a ranked BCS program. Now run the table and you're in a BCS bowl game again. Hopefully Fresno St has something to say about that, but probably not. We'll see, Fresno has a lot of talent, but can they put it together at the quarterback position and on the defensive line?

5. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I hear ya. That Boise St vs Oklahoma was THE best college game I think I have ever watched. It was hard because I don't like Oklahoma or Boise, so I went with Boise since they are in Fresno St's conference. Can you believe Ian Johnson first off got a game winning score on the statue of liberty play, and then purposed to his girlfriend right after. And believe me, I know all about Oregon/Pac 10 officials. Fresno St played there one year. We were up by like 3 TD's at the half. We ended up losing by a field goal. The penalty ratio was like Fresno 17/Oregon 3. Oklahoma got the shaft too, I remember that game. Oklahoma should be doing some big things this year. Just hope you don't run into those pesky Broncos again in the bowl game.

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sean, I found the game rather disapointing. I love college fb, any teams! I am a Gamecock fan myself and watched them play first. It was sorry too! We didn't look great and NCST looked even more pitiful. I always like to watch O play just to see what uniform creation they have dreamed up now. As far as the 'punch' goes, that's no way to act I don't care who you are. Self control these days is unheard of. We blame others for our reactions, total BS! I hope his career is over, that's how it should be. I guess we will see him in action after a game suspension or slap on the wrist. M.Vick for example: Told two years ago he could never come back to the NFL. Guess who played football the other night? It's all political and about profits. That's why I love college ball so much. Athletes, playing the game because they enjoy it and can.

7. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I that the game was a little disappointing too. A lot of turnovers, as was the case for the Gamecocks and Wolfpack. That happens sometimes in the beginning of the season. South Carolina has a good coach and they should always be a solid team at the very least. I agree that O's running back should be done. No place for that. He shouldn't have been running his mouth during the week and the Boise players wouldn't have been giving him a bad time about it. He brought everything that happened on himself. Fresno St plays Boise in a few weeks, hopefully we can give them a better match than that. We play Cincinnati, Boise St, Wisconsin, and Illinois this year. If we could run the table we could play for a national championship, but Fresno St beats up on the BCS teams and always blows it by losing to a lesser conference opponent.:embarassed: Good luck to your Gamecocks from Fresno Cali.:wink:

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If Oregon had really, really wanted to win, they would have insured PAC-10 officials called the game. Sounds like Oregon got it right by suspending the player for the rest of the year. Think that message was heard throughout the whole country.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Boise St!!!! Go WAC!